Running for another's life

The team is gathered in the bioship. Artemis puts a wet cloth to Kaldur head.

     'Hey everybody, I’ve got Superboy' Megan calls, She flying low to the ground holding Superboy beside her. 'He’s back to normal, we're on our way'

     "Great whose Superboy?" Lorna asked. Kaldur jolted up.

     "Who are you?" he ask as Megan flew in side "And how did you get inside my head?"

     "Hello, Megan" she says restoring Kaldurs memories then Lorna's "I knew I forgot something"

     "Me too" Wally grumbles. "I didn’t get a souvenir for the mission"

     "Don’t worry, got the souvenir thing covered" Megan assures looking down at the Sphere.

     "Oh great another one to pick up after at the mountain" Lorna joked.

     "Uh guys" Robin started out the ship open hatch. Every one turned to see missile following them.

     "I got this" Wally said standing up just to fall back down.

     "Your running on empty" Lorna said softly putting a hand on his shoulder.

     "Megan can you speed the ship up?" Kaldur asked turning to the Martian.

     "Normal yes but it's been out in the sun to long" Megan replied "its a living thing to" Pietro felt sweat drops on his forehead there was no way the ship is going to out run the missile at this speed.

     "I'll do it" Pietro said darting out of the ship ignoring the cries of protest from the team.

     "Pietro!" He heard Lorna scream while Wally and Robin hold her back. 'I could just run save myself'

     "I must be nuts" he said to himself running toward the missile. He zoomed by the missile getting the it to follow him instead. He ran towards a group of rocks turing at the last minute as the missile hit the rocks exploding send Pietro flying into the air and land hard against the sand.

     'Pietro? Can you hear me?' Megan's voice cut into his head making him flinch.

     "So that's what it feels like" he groaned laying on his back 'Yeah I hear ya' soundly Megan let out a loud cheer causing Pietro to flinch.

     'Oops sorry' Megan replied a lot more quietly 'We'll be over to get you'

     'Okay' Pietro replied setting up. It didn't take the team long to get to him.

     "Ow that was awesome" Wally said jumping off the ship .

     "You did good" Kaldur nodded leaning against Artemis. Lorna jumped down next to them letting out a sigh of relief.

     "Looks like theirs two heros in the family now" Robin smiled crossing his arm.

     "Yeah" Lorna agreed. Pietro quickly looked away trying to hide his blush. He wasn't use to praise.

     "Whatever I just didn't want to be the one to tell daddy bats his little batlings got toasted" Pietro say actting as if he didn't care.

Back at the Mountain
     The team stood around Batman giving a mission report while Pietro leaned against the door frame watching.    

     "Good work team" Batman nodded "one last thing" Batman tossed a black and blue suite to Pietro startling the teen "Welcome your new team mate" everyone turned smiling and clapping. Pietro had a weird feeling inside. He wasn't quite sure what it was but he liked it.