The missing one

"Wow this is so weird" Robin muttered looking at the two speedsters sitting in medbay.

     "You okay?" Kaldur asked Lorna putting a hand on her shoulder.

     "Yeah just trying to process everything," Lorna said not taking her eyes off the blonde-haired speedster.

     "You're brother's kind of hot" Artemis whispered. Lorna wasn't exactly sure how to take that comment. Luckily everyone's attention was turned to Batman as he came out of the medbay.

     "They both seem to be fine no serious injuries" Lorna let out a sigh of relief "you should go talk to him"

     "Yes sir" Lorna nodded. She took a deep breath before opening the door to the medbay.

     "Hey seaweed head" Wally joked as Lorna walked in.

     "Hey, dumbbell" she smiled "Could you give us a minute?" Wally nodded hopping off the bed.

     "I'll be outside in case something goes wrong," Wally said turning back to look at the pissed off looking Pietro before leaving the room.

     "Oh great, another person come to interrogate me" the blonde-haired teen crossed his arms.

     "Actually I came to say think you my name is Lorna" she held out her hand. He looked up at her suspiciously "I don't bite" he hesitantly shook her hand.

     "Pietro" judging from his body language he hadn't had much interaction with other humans.

     "I'm here to offer you a spot on the team," she said unsure whether or not to tell him they're related.

     "Thanks but no thanks I don't do teams," he said getting up "wheres my hoodie?"

     "It got ripped up during the fight," Bruce said walking back in. 'He must have been eavesdropping over the comms' Lorna thought feeling annoyed by the lack of privacy.

     "You've got to be kidding" Pietro groaned putting a hand on his forehead.

     "I got you a new one," Batman said tossing him a light blue hoodie "and I suggest you take her offer"

     "I'm not really the hero type" Pietro grunted pulling the hoodie over his injured shoulder.

     "But you saved me" Lorna objected reaching out to grab his hand which he immediately jerked away.

     "I don't know why I did that," Pietro said on the verge of screaming "It was like I didn't even have control of my own body"

       "So you're saying you were mind-controlled into saving me" she crossed her arms.

      "Who knows" he huffed throwing his arms in the air.

       "You have two choices work with this team or you can stay locked up in the watch tower" Batman narrowed his eyes "as of now the Justice League doesn't know enough about you to let you run around unsupervised"

      "I guess I'm stuck playing hero then," Pietro said with a hint of challenge in his voice. Lorna stared in shock she'd never seen one, let alone a teen challenge the Caped Crusader. Even Wally knew better than to piss off the bat.

     "Good" Batman turned to Lorna "his your responsibility now" then he walked off to report to the League.

     "You don't have to worry your safe here" Lorna smiled warmly.

      "I was doing just fine on my own" he glared at her.

     "I'm just trying to help" she protested.

      "I never asked for your help" he grunted.

     "You need it Cadmus is most likely after you and who knows many others want to be a hold of you" she tried to reason.

     "Why are you so bent on saving me!?" Pietro snapped.

      "Because I'm your sister!" Lorna shouted so loud it gave poor Superboy a headache. The room fell silent as they look at each other. Pietro finally spoke up.

      "Look, I don't do the family thing, I'm not going to be your protective big brother" he turned his back to her "So just stay out of my way"

     "Fine!" Lorna snapped storming to her room. Once she got in her room she flopped into her bed a screamed into the pillow.

     "Whoa! Someone's not feeling the aster" Robin said leaning against the doorway.

     "Sibling problems" Lorna sighed sitting up.

      "He'll come around," Robin said setting next to her "look I may not have siblings but I have you, Wally, Superboy, Kaldur, Megan, and Artemis so I know what it's like to have siblings and I know that when things get though they stick together"

      "Thanks" Lorna smiled looking up to see four heads looking in the doorway "Come on" she rolled her eyes.

     "Yes!" Wally said darting onto the bed beside her. Kaldur and Artemis sat in chairs as Megan and Super sat next to Wally. They spent the rest of the night talking and watching movies Lorna hoped that one day her brother would join them.