"Y-yeah but umm..."

"Why do you hate me so much?" Minho suddenly asked, causing Jisung to freeze.

"What d-do you mean?"

"I've been trying to be your friend since the day you transferred to this school and you ignore me as much you possibly can. You won't even have lunch with me unless we are working on some stupid project." Minho explained in a harsh voice.

Jisung started feeling extremely anxious as his eyes started tearing up and he bit his bottom lip slightly so he wouldn't start crying on the spot.

"I- I'm so s-sorry" Jisung managed to stutter out quietly.

"Wait no I'm sorry that sounded way too harsh. Please don't cry." Minho said, noticing Jisung's current state. He wanted to provide some sort of comfort to Jisung but he wasn't the best with words and he was scared that he would just scare him even more if he tried to hug him.

"Why w-would you w-want to be my friend? I'm an m-mess. I c-can't even talk t-to you w-without stuttering."

"I want to be your friend because I'm curious about you. I want to get to know you more. I can tell that there have been several times where you've been upset about something but I never see you talk to anyone about anything. You shouldn't hold everything in, it will just make it worse. I want to be someone that you can come to and talk to about anything that's bothering you. Even if it's something that you think is stupid I want to know about it. So please..." Minho trailed off for a second.

"Can I please be your friend?"

Jisung had no idea how to respond. Everything seemed unreal. He wasn't used to things like this. The only people he ever really talked to were his parents which was very rare and was never anything positive. And now suddenly, after spending 17 years isolating himself from everyone because he automatically assumed and told himself that everyone hated him, he had Minho. Who suddenly wanted to befriend him and was being more affectionate than his parents had ever been and he didn't know how to feel about it.

He'd always wanted a friend. He wanted someone to talk to but it seemed too good to be true. He never thought it would actually happen.

This has to be some kind of joke.

He felt a hot tear fall down his face because of how overwhelmed he was.

He's probably not serious anyway.

"Why are you crying?" Minho asked softly as he hesitantly moved his hand up to Jisung's face to wipe the tear away then finally decided to grab one of Jisung's hands and hold it in his own.

Jisung stared at his hand in Minho's adorably tiny hands for a while before responding.

"I'm k-kinda overwhelmed" Jisung admitted. "I've never h-had a f-friend before...I probably w-wouldn't be a v-very good one. You already h-have some g-great friends. You'd end u-up regretting asking me this w-within a week trust me."

"Then give me a week and let me decide that for myself."

"Huh?"

"Give me a week. Let me be your friend for a week. After that, if I regret asking you this I'll leave you alone. If I still want to be your friend after a week, which I'm already 100 percent sure that I will, then you have to let me be your friend. Which means no more avoiding and ignoring me."

Jisung stayed silent as he stared at their hands, thinking about all the ways this could go wrong.

What if I get too attached to him then he just disappears after a week?

What if I tell him too much personal stuff?

What if he doesn't hate me by the end of the week? Actually no, that one isn't even possible Jisung.

"Deal?" Minho asked, bringing him out of his thoughts.

It's only a week.

"D-deal."

I'm gonna regret this.

thank you for 100+ reads ❤️