Chapter 15* Jefferson-Laurens.

"Ice cream fixes everything, so why not eat it every day?" John said as he shoveled ice cream into his mouth at 8 am the next morning. "Ya know, you're right." Alexa replied as she ate ice cream as well.
"Oh... um. I... wanted to ask you something." Alexa said as she took another bite of ice cream, she sounded a bit nervous. "When we were at the trampoline park.... i- uh- were you serious?" "What do you mean?" John said, confused, then put more ice cream in his mouth. "Well um... when that random kid said that you should just make me your real daughter... and you said maybe I will. Were you serious?" "Yeah." Alexa looked at him for a minute then her jaw dropped. "Seriously?!" "Seriously!" Alexa through her spoon on the floor and jumped into John's arms, then wrapped her arms around his neck and wrapped her legs around his waist hugging him. John laughed as he hugged her back. Alexa got off of him and looked at him smiling, "Can we..." John smiled, "Get in the truck then! We have to see Amber after." He said as they both ran out to the truck.

~3 and a half hours later~
((Thomas Jefferson gave his permission straight to the court, for reasons that would destroy Alexa and that John never wanted her to find out about))

"Okay..." said the lady at the courthouse who was helping out John and Alexa, "Alexandra Jefferson is now Alexandra Jefferson-Laurens." She smiled. Alexa made a disgusted smile at her first name, John smirked cause he knew what she was thinking. Alexa and John walked out and as soon as the got out of the courthouse, Alexa and John both excitedly screamed. Alexa jumped onto John and hugged him the same way that she did earlier. "No fudging way." Alexa said quietly as she hugged John, and John just stood there hugging her, smiling with tears welling up in his eyes. Both of them were on the verge of crying tears of joy. "Forever?" Alexa asked John, both smiling and almost crying. "Forever."

~20 minutes later~

Alexa and John got out of the truck in the parking lot of Starbucks. They walked inside when a womans voice called out to them. "Hey John! Come take a seat." Amber said, waving and motioning for them to come sit down. "Hi Amber." John said with a fake smile, he and Alexa both sat down. "What's been going on lately? Did you get married?" "Um.. no, but I did adopt my daughter today. This is Alexa." John said with a real smile. Alexa and Amber smiled at eachother. "So are y'all planning on doing anything today?" "We were gonna go out for celebratory ice cream." John said, then smiled at Alexa. "Oh fun! Well, I should be going, I have errands to run, but we should meet up again sometime." Amber said as she grabbed her purse and stood up, then smiled at John a bit flirtatiously. John gave her an awkward, disgusted smiled. "Bye!" Alexa and John both said at the same time. Alexa's jaw dropped as soon as Amber walked out the door. "What?" John said. "She is the prettiest frickin woman I have ever seen." Alexa said, then John made this 'ehh' face. "Okay, why don't we get ice cream then go home and watch movies all night?" John said, smiling. "Okay... can we get coffee first?" "Sure." John chuckled.

~4 hours later, 11:40 pm~

Alexa yawns as they watch Monty Python and The Holy Grail. John phone suddenly chimes, he looks down at it.

Amber

Amber
Hey, it was nice seeing you today.

Yeah it was.

Amber
Ya know John, it kinda felt like there was something still there.. left over feelings ;)

Yeahhhhhh..
I dont think so-

Amber
You cant deny it John, good night <3
Read at 11:43 am

John scoffed. "Yeah right." He mumbled to himself. "What's up?" Alexa asks, sitting up. "Amber. She's convinced herself that there's still 'Something there' from high school. I'm pretty sure she's just desperate." "Yeah probably." Alexa responded, not really listening to what's being said, she continues watching the movie. John sighed, 'This is my father's fault...'

"UGHHHH!" Amber screamed. "Amber I'm sure it'll be okay." Alesha said kindly. "It's John, Alesha! He still loves me... there's something there, you could see it in his eyes." Amber said, pacing around the room. Alesha sighed, "Maybe... he's just not into you-" Alesha screamed as Amber turned around and slapped her, leaving a red mark on her face. "I'm sorry." Alesha said. 'I have to leave my sister.' Alesha thought.  Amber said, "It's okay, just remember, I love you." "I love you too." 'And that's why it's hard for me to leave.'