Chapter 8* He hasn't called...

Alexa opened her eyes and looked around, then she heard a light snore. She realized had fallen asleep, and so had John.

John was half way sitting up on the couch, slumped down a bit to where his feet were on the coffee table and his stomach was almost flat on the couch.

Alexa had fallen asleep laying across the couch with her head on John's stomach. She sat up and yawned, thinking about last night. 'I had a panic attack...' she thought, then sighed.

John woke up, rubbed his eyes and looked at Alexa. "Morning." He said, she responded with, "Hey." "How'd you sleep?"

She sat there for a minute then smiled, "I don't think I've ever slept that long in a couple years. I'm used to only one hour of sleep a night."

John smiled back, "Well I'm glad you slept good."
Alexa sighed and picked up her phone... 'Wow. What a dad, he's sooooooo worried about me' she thought to herself sarcastically, seeing as she had no notifications from her dad.

"What's wrong?" John asked, seeing that something was bothering her. "Well.... it's just that my dad.." 'That son of a-'

John thought as soon as she said dad, "He hasn't called... or texted... and I just dissapeared, he's not even worried." She continued, then sat there and thought for a minute, "Would you be?" She looked up at him.

"Yeah, I would. Your phone would be blowing up, you would probably get a message every minute." He said smiling, Alexa replied,

"What would the messages say?" "Probably something along the lines of 'Where are you', 'Who are you with', 'When are you going to be home'.. stuff like that."

Alexa looked down then up at John, "Most of those messages would make people annoyed, but I don't think you know how happy those messages would make me."

'Wow, a teenage girl wanting to be nagged at by a parent. That tells you what kind of family she has..' John thought. "Well I'm glad they would make you happy." He said, when Alexa's phone chimed, she picked it up and looked at it. "Oh."

"What's wrong?"

"My dad texted me."

"What'd he say?"

"He said that he assumes that I went to a friends house and so he um-"
"He what?"
"He left again..

for France."

John looked at her and raised his eyebrows in suprise. "What a-" he started to say when he realized she was shaking and starting to cry. "Hey, hey.. it's okay. You're okay." He said while he hugged her,

"It'll be okay."