Chapter 10* Aspirin..

Alexa and John got in the truck, Alexa sat in the passenger seat, buckled her seatbelt and kept staring straight ahead.

John got in the drivers seat and turned and stared at Alexa. "What happened?" Alexa kept staring straight ahead and didn't answer.

"Alexa." She still didn't answer. John sighed and started driving. "Please tell me." "It was nothing." "Tell me." "Nothing."

Then John took a deep breath, "Now." He said, trying to use the Dad Voice™️. "Well screw it John I had a panic attack!" She said, raising her voice.

John stopped the car. "Really?" He asked softly. Alexa said quietly, looking at her hands, "Yeah."

John looked at her face, her cheeks were stained from crying. They both were very quiet from that point on.

"How long was it?" John asked quietly, they were still stopped in the middle of the road. "About 10- 15 minutes."

John sighed and looked at her. "How bad was it?" "It.... was worse than last night." "Oh."

After a couple minutes of silence, John asked, "Can you please tell me the whole story?" Alexa sighed.

"Well, Eliza, Phillip and I were talking about dogs, and I heard you and Alexander yelling, I started getting nervous, then I realized that I suddenly had a really bad headache, it felt like my head was spinning, and it felt like time was slowing down. So I quietly got up and told Eliza and Phillip that I had to go get my phone out of the car, and I went outside. Then I sat next to the tree in their front yard for about 10 minutes, but it felt longer. I tried to text you to tell you I needed you, but my hands were shaking so much that I wasn't able too." She said quickly, looking at John.

He raised his eyebrows. "What did you do to calm down?" "I guess I didn't, I just kinda waited it out." John nodded his head, then started driving again.
"Ice cream?" He asked, then looked at Alexa and smiled. "Sure."

~4 hours later~

"What time is it?" Alexa said while sitting on the couch next to John. "1 am." Alexa sighed.

"I'm gonna go to bed." John said as he got off the couch and started walking towards his room. "Okay, night." Alexa said, then resumed watching tv.

~Next morning~

John yawned as he walked out of his room. "Hey." Alexa said from the living room. "Hi."

He walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to find nothing but soda, coffee creamer, and chocolate syrup. Then he walked over and opened the cabinet, all they had was goldfish, other random chips, marshmallows and hot cocoa mix.

John sighed, "We need to go shopping." "I agree." He noticed that Alexa was being extremely quiet. "You okay?"

He said as he walked into the living room and sat down next to her. "Yeah... um... no. Something happened last night and you can't be mad if I tell you."

"Okay." "You can't be mad." "I won't." John said as he looked at her, she kept looking at her hands.

"Okay, so after you went to bed last night, I was thinking about when I slapped Alexander, and I felt bad so I called him.... and he answered."