"We'll pray for their sanity," Harem said aloud.

"Amen."

The trio got back to more light-hearted and non-sensical topics, with the wild laughter from the girls filled their background and the other boys playing with the soccer ball further down.

"It's time."

"Time for what?" Mischa asked while getting a drink out of the cooler.

"Erica meeting Mari. Everyone met her, well, those in Spencer, and we confirmed our feelings for each other. I see myself with her and only her. Shit, she can break up with me right now, and I won't budge because I will get her back, no matter what. Crap. I just sound like the twins, huh?" Slight staining spread across Elijah's cheeks as he spoke about his girl, not to mention the wide smile; it's clear as day that he loved her immensely.

"You did, and it ain't a bad thing. I want to reach that level one day. Stacia is still taking in her new environment and my affection for her, so it will take some more time for me confident in my relationship. I want both of us to be on the same footing in the relationship. If we aren't, then problems will arise; that's why I constantly encourage her to speak her mind. Our lifestyle and upbringing are completely different from hers, you know." Harem got to his feet, punctuating his statement. Grabbing a drink for himself and an extra one, he gave his cousins a relaxed shrug. "Congrats, cuz. You got a good one. Let's enjoy our last free time before adulthood strikes." 

Elijah and Mischa watched on as Harem walked to the pool and approached his girl, who was safely under an umbrella, taking in the relaxed atmosphere. From their position, they saw how she practically lit up when he came into view. Stacia sat up instantly to make room for him and easily accepted his kiss.
"I think he's nearly there," Mischa commented.

"Definitely."

                                                                              **********

"She's not going to disappear, you two," Shaun teased as he passed the ball to Kage. It wasn't the first time he caught the overprotective glances of Trey and Alec at Taylor. 

"It's in our genetic make-up as a man to be protective of those we consider important in our circle. Bear in mind our caveman attributes may awaken if they are in danger. Doing covert glances is considered normal for males."

Shaun and Kage stopped their movements and stared at Trey, who easily accepted a pass from Alec. 
"There it is. I heard about it but never truly had the experience," Kage muttered, staring at Trey in awe.

"Oye! Pay attention, you shitty bastards," Alec shouted when Shaun didn't receive Trey's pass.

"And there's our lovable Italian," Shaun added, crossing his arms.

"Quite a duo," Kage continued, placing his hands on his hips. The two ignored the aggressive and passive insults from the main characters of their new subject. 

"Friends since middle school now the next candidates to Spencer's top rumor. Who would have thought another trio to come from Spencer? Hey, you two, answer a question for me," Shaun said, going closer to them. It was his first time out of the house in weeks, and spending time with his new friends made his mental and emotional state ten times better.

"What is it? Why did you two turn into mogli pescivendolo?" Alec groused, closing the distance also. 
"English, my friend," Trey reminded him with a small twitch of his lips. He hated for any type of outdoor activities to be interrupted and tend to take it out on the person who did it. Alec grumbled and repeated himself.