PART 92: I PROMISE

WANDAS POV

Tony gathered everyone in the living room, everyone looked up at me expectantly, except Natasha, she already knew and was trying to get Avery to sleep for a nap.

The room stayed silent while i told them what was going on. They entire room stayed stock still, some thought something like this might have happened, others were in utter shock.

We sat together for the next half an hour trying to come up with a plan, we will have to acquire evidence that proves she's being abused to order an arrest against him. Showing bruises wouldn't be enough, the excuse, she got them during a mission would be an easy and perfect cover-up.

So, Sam volunteered Redwing. Tony made modifications on the drone; allowing it to fold into a small box and record what's happening in front of it. Once we found just one small piece of evidence, we could go in for the attack.

Sam sent Bucky to knock on the door (after a few minutes of arguing who should knock on the door) and then run away. As Evan violently opened the door, Sam remotely flew Red Wing right above his oblivious head. From where I was hiding, I could see Ava huddled in a ball on the floor. She spotted redwing, and she looked terrified. My heart ached. I just wanted to push him out of the way and carry her out of there, but I couldn't, not yet.

We stayed on the floor beneath theirs, loitering in the corridors. Our cover was almost blown when we heard Evan stumbling out of their apartment. Natasha raced to the stairs, Tony tried to hold her back and ended up on the floor. I dont think Natasha even realised she'd done it. She was so consumed in her rage towards Evan. I ended up holding her back with my powers. She struggled in my hold.

"Let. Me go"

"If I let you go are you going to race upstairs and hurt Evan?"

"No. If you let me go....I'm going to fucking kill him!"

"Natasha!" Once we heard the door close again, I set Natasha back down again. We decided to head back to the Avengers facility so we wouldn't get caught. Steve ended up having to carry Natasha out because he was the only one she didn't try to beat up.

We put Bruce on babysitting duty after her fourth attempt to go back to Avas apartment.

We waited and waited and waited for hours.

The anxiety grew in everyone, Natasha had already punched Bruce eight times in attempt to get away from him, so I ended up on babysitting duty while Bruce tended to his broken nose. She grumpily sat in the corner.

"Where's Avery?" I hoped she would be nearby so Natasha would focus on looking after her instead of trying to kill Evan.

"She's napping" ah shit.

We nervously waited a few more hours, Avery had woken up from her nap and was now happily cuddled in Natasha's lap. I chuckled at Natasha. She was sitting on a bench, she looked so mad, but the toddler on her lap cuddled into her chest kinda ruined the whole 'angry' vibe. I internally awed as Natasha wrapped both arms around her and rested her head on Avery's.

Suddenly, it happened, out of nowhere.

Ava said something that triggered a wave of anger in the man and then he stormed up to her face. His hand colliding to her cheek, a sharp smack echoed in the room. Natasha was pulled out of her happy little world, a look of pure rage returning to her face. Ava's hair covered her eyes as the man continued to scream and jab her shoulder.

"Go, we got it, go NOW!" Steve ordered.

Natasha jumped up and set Avery on her hip.

"Ah, shit" she sat back down again, Bruce walked over.

"Here, I'll look after her, you go, you'll be of more use than I will be" she quickly jumped again and gave Avery a quick hug. Avery tried to give her a kiss on the cheek forgetting about her paci, and then we rushed into a truck that was usually used to transport the S.W.A.T team of S.H.I.E.L.D, but we had to get all of us there quickly.

In a minute's notice, we were there. Ava didn't live far from her work.

Steve ran up to the door and ran through it his shield covering his face. Me and Nat rushed in almost immediately afterwards, everyone else slowly trailing in.

Evan was dumbfounded when he saw all of us together in their apartment. He was in a press-perfect position. Grabbing Ava by her neck. Her face swollen, a busted nose and lip. Evan had a scratch mark from his eye to his neck. Proving that Ava tried to fight back, which most likely just added gas to the flame.

Evan dropped Ava and she collapsed to the floor, just barely conscious, gasping for air, exhausted. Steve, Tony and Thor, all chased Evan as he bolted out the window down the fire escape. Natasha turned and ran out the door to cut him off in the alley. I rushed over to Ava.

I knelt beside her and propped her up against the counter. I pushed her hair back and felt tears fall down my cheeks.

"Why...why didnt you tell us?"

"I-I-I was scared. I d-didn't want you to th-think I was a bad per-son" she mumbled in between sobs.

"Ava. None of this is your fault. Do you understand me? You did nothing wrong ok? Its his fault. Not yours" she looked up to me and my heart shattered. I pulled her into a hug.

"Its ok. You're alright. You're safe now. He is never coming back. I will never let anyone hurt you like that ever again. I promise" I carefully picked her up, cradling her in my arms. I sat her in my lap and rocked her. Holding her close to my chest, wanting to protect her from the world.

"I promise"