PART 86: WAIT

WANDAS POV

I waited for her to react. She looked down at the blonde little girl on her chest and took some deep breaths.

"I-I think so too" she whispered "she gets so nervous whenever anyone talks about him, and that horrible bruise across her face"

"There's more. All down her arms and stomach" Nat looked back to the child, tears glistening in her eyes.

"Why didn't she tell us?" Her voice broke in the middle of her sentence and a few tears fell down her cheeks.

"She's afraid. Nat....I think she thinks it's her fault....she had this nightmare. She was screaming. It was scary. She kept saying 'my fault' in between her tears" her head jerked back up to me.

"Her fault? HER FAULT? HOW IS IT HER FAULT. I SWEAR TO GOD IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL HIM" she went to stand up, lifting the toddler onto her hip. She placed her in my lap and stormed out. Towards the door.

"Nat!! We can't!!" She ignored me and kept walking towards the door. Avery started to cry. I used my powers to keep the front door closed and tried to soothe Avery. Bouncing her a little.

"WANDA OPEN THE FUCKING DO...." she turned around and stopped yelling when she saw Avery crying and reaching out to her. She took a deep breath. Then another. She walked back over and took Avery from my arms, she instantly stopped crying. She nuzzled her head into Nats neck and clung to her for dear life.

"We have to do something. We cant just ignore it"

"I know, I know. But we should talk to Ava first. See if she'll tell us on her own. Plus, we need proof."

"Proof! PROOF! The proof is the fucking bruises covering her body"

"She got them on a mission" I shrugged.

"What!?!?! No she didn't. She has been on barely any missions out of fear that evan would hurt her!"

"She's not afraid of him. Why would she date someone she's afraid of?" I stated nonchalantly

"Ok! Ok, i get your point. How do we get proof?" Natasha conceded.

"I don't have that one figured out yet. But let's just talk to Ava first, ok?"

"Ok"  she grabbed the diaper bag and walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"Well, she's asleep right? Plus if she comes out here and sees this little one, she's not going to talk to us about it. I'm going to find someone to look after her while we talk to Ava" I nodded and she continued to walk away. I sat back down on the couch and waited.

Waited for Ava to wake up,
Waited for Natasha to come back,
Waited for an idea ,
Waited for the day I would be able to make that disgusting man pay,
I waited.