PART 40: COMFORT

NATASHAS POV

Steve cuddled me close until I stopped crying. He sat with me until I had calmed down and my breathing had settled back into a regular pattern. He made gentle conversation with me until I had recovered slightly. He told me jokes until my smile spread to my eyes. He knew how to soothe me, he knew what I needed.

He stayed with me for the rest of the evening, he didn't bring up my meltdown once. I was grateful, because I knew he had questions.

It was only when I had fully calmed down, that I noticed the excitement in his eyes.

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"You've done something. What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything Nat" I stared into his eyes and giggled.

"Ok fine, you didn't do anything" but I knew he had, his eyes were a window. They always showed me how he was really feeling, I let him keep his secret. He stood up and walked over to the small bed that was left in the corner.

"Heyyyyy, come back here. There's plenty of room for both of us" he laughed and sat down on the bed beside me.

I snuggled into him and inhaled the familiar smell of Steve, he wrapped his arms around me and I instantly felt safer and relaxed. He kissed the top of my head, I looked up at him with a what was that look, he laughed at me again and gave me a proper kiss, I lay back down and closed my eyes, falling asleep on his chest.