PART 28: THE TALL BLONDE

NATASHAS POV

I woke up suddenly, panicked. I looked around the room i was in, realising it wasn't my own. I started to worry before i remembered the events of the day before. I had been recruited by SHIELD. I lay back down on the huge marshmallow of a bed stretching out on it like a star fish. I glanced at the clock beside me, 6:58. It was the latest I'd woken up in a long time. I rolled out of the bed, putting my bare feet on the cold wooden floor. I sat there at the edge of my bed for a few minutes, staring down at the ground, just thinking.

I stood up and wandered around my new room for a few minutes before deciding to get dressed. I pulled my bag out from under the bed and pulled out a clean top and leggings, i walked over to the bathroom, pulling the door closed behind me. I quickly got dressed and brushed out my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror as i brushed my hair. I didn't realise how different i looked with blond hair, i had dyed it a few days before i came to the compound. It was strange. I pulled it up in a half up, half down and left the bathroom.

I crept out of my room and walked down the hall. It was quiet in the halls, but once i reached the kitchen, i was met by the sound of joyous laughter. I stood outside the door, seriously considering turning around and running back to my room, locking the door and never coming out again. I shook my head and pushed the door open.

Everyone there turned to look at me, the laughter i had heard in the hall instantly coming to a halt. I felt my cheeks flush red and regretted coming into the kitchen. I turned to leave and ran straight into a tall, well built man.

"O I'm sorry ma'am" he looked down at me, his steely blue eyes studying my face, noticing the blush in my cheeks.

I pushed past him practically running back to my room. I heard footsteps following me and quickened my pace, when they didnt fade away i turned a corner and hid behind a wall. When the tall blonde stranger walked around the corner i pushed him back against the opposite wall.

"Why are you following me?" He was at least a foot taller than me and i had to look up at him.

"Woah woah woah. I'm just trying to make sure your ok, you kinda ran out on us."

"I'm fine." I stood back and continued walking away from him, he walked after me

"You're quite feisty"

"And youre quite annoying!" I turned back to glare at him "stop following me, stop trying to make me your friend. You know as well as i do, none of them want me here!"

He looked down at me, "so I'm annoying than am i?" He started grinning

"Very!!" I turned to walk away again but he wasn't finished his conversation with me yet

" mission accomplished, i have successfully annoyed the newest SHIELD agent" i whipped around again

"I, am NOT a SHIELD agent!" I said it in a low quite voice, barely above a whisper.

He looked startled, he want expecting me to be so sudden. He stood back and put his hands in the air, quickly replacing the shock ,so clearly portrayed on his face, with a goofy smile.

"Ok ok ok, so miss, not a SHIELD agent, what's your name?" He took his hands down and started to follow me again as i tried to escape this awkward conversation once again.

"I told you to stop following me. Just leave me be, I'm sure ill be gone soon"

"What's that suppose to mean" i kept walking, ignoring him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him

"I asked you a question."

"You saw how they all looked me, how the room went dead as soon as I walked in, none of them want me here. They're all thinking the same thing. O look there goes that girl from the red room, i wonder who shes gonna murder next." I was surprised at myself, why did i just tell him all that.

He looked down at me, his grip on my arm loosened, it wasn't there as a restraint any more, it was there as a comfort. I pushed his arm back and this time he didn't follow me this time. I got back to my room and locked the door. I stayed in there for the rest of the day wondering why i had told him what i was actually thinking.

The next few days were pretty similar, id come out of my room once a day usually to grab a bottle of water and an apple and then I'd lock myself back in my room. On my forth day there someone knocked at my door. I jumped up from my window seat, startled, i didnt say anything

"Hello? Miss not a SHIELD agent, you there?" I continued to ignore him and sat down on my bed

" i was just wondering if you'd come and spar with me. Ive been told you're pretty good at hand-to-hand combat and i need a new partner, my old one got fed up with never winning" i could hear the smile in his voice, I laughed at him, it was the first time I'd laughed in a really long time. It felt good.

"Ill see you in the training room in 10" i heard him walk away and i hopped up from my bed to put on some training clothes, a constant smile on my face.

I walked out of my room quietly, i heard someone coming towards me and my smile instantly dropped, i stuck close to the wall and let my hair fall in front of my face, walking at a fast pace, praying they wouldn't notice me.

It was agent barton, i think, he looked at me, nodded once and kept walking. I made it down to the training and saw the tall blonde waiting for me.