60. Keepsake

1999

1999

It had been weeks since Astoria had last seen Lilla. No answer of her letters, and no unexpectant visitations from the girl who lived her life without a care in the world. Astoria was worried and knew she needed to take action into her own hands. The blond witch trotted down into the transporting fireplace, held the Floo powder in her hand and bellowed out the words, "Dolohov Estate!" The green flames surrounded her and before she knew it, she slid out of the fireplace at Lilla's estate. The house was quiet, almost too quiet. Astoria gathered herself, dusted off the ash, and waited for someone to notice her arrival, or even hear a sound. Nothing.

Astoria walked up the hallway of the estate and noticed the many photographs of her and Lilla while at the Beauxbaton Academy of Magic. The days before life set in. She walked a tad further to the island in the kitchen and noticed a glittered envelope. Astoria picked up the envelope to notice this was her wedding invitation. Astoria sighed and felt the pure irony of the situation.

All Astoria truly ever wanted in life was to be loved by someone unconditionally and be with them until death was at her doorstep. Astoria thought about if the potion did not work and Draco did not regain his feelings for her, then what will become of her life? Being forcibly married to a man who truly desires another? Isn't the point of love putting your partner before yourself?

Astoria clutched onto the invitation and opened the envelope slowly. It was the first time she was seeing a speck of evidence of her own wedding; she was not involved in the planning at all, due to Narcissa trying her hardest at dismantling the affair.

Astoria's eyes began to pool slightly as a small smile came across her face.

~Save the Date~
Please join us in celebrating the union of

Draco Lucius Malfoy

&
Astoria Danielle Greengrass

The wedding will commence on September 23rd, at sunset. The ceremony and reception are to be held at Malfoy Manor.

How lovely her wedding was going to be at Malfoy Manor. Astoria had hoped to one day have a destination wedding, like in the Highlands of Scotland or the countryside of France. Some of Astoria's fondest childhood memories consist of her running through fields of wildflowers in Lyon, France while attending the academy. Lilla and Antonin probably had no use for the invitation to her wedding, and Merlin knows when Astoria will be able to get her hands on this keepsake. She took the invitation and shoved it into her purse. As she started to turn around a figure from behind her startled her by speaking causing her to jolt.

"Miss. Greengrass?" Dolohov said while extending his hand to grasp onto Astoria's tightly. "What do I owe the pleasure of this most unexpectant visit?"