C a t s

"Luna I really don't think we should do this now." Blaise murmured looking at the ground. "Your my boyfriend now it's like - some sort of initiation." Luna looked at him and smiled.

Blaise gave her a fake one back, as they approached the door to Luna Lovegoods home.

Blaise looked around and noticed bushes to the right side the house he went to touch one, only to have his hand swatted by Lovegood. "Don't, those are fathers."

Blaise gulped turning toward the door.

Luna pulled her hand from Blaises and began knocking on the door.

They waited for a moment a few actually, it was like no one was at home. Luna still stared at the door a smile on her face.

"Looney I don't think anyone's coming." Blaise commented looking at the floor.

"Are you scared Zabini?" Luna smiled up at him. Blaise raised his eyebrows down at her and banged on the door. "Never lovegood."

Luna giggled.

They heard footsteps from the house make there way to the front door. Blaise noticed Luna's smile get bigger every time they heard a foot step.

By the time the foot steps stopped Luna was smiling from ear to ear.

When the door opened her eyes lit up. There in the door way was a man around his late thirty's in a pastel blue and white stripped shirt with a worn out cardigan over it. In the face he resembled Lucius, expect his white hair went to his shoulders and cold eyes that had a kind glint, his nose was a little crooked and he wouldn't stop moving his hands. That was the first thing Blaise noticed, they kept moving.

Xeno stared at the tall boy who was almost a head taller then him and about two heads taller then Luna. "How tall  are you boy?"

Blaise cleared his throat, "I'm uh - six seven."

The man smiled and the kind in his eyes showed more "come in come in please."

Luna made her way in before Blaise, while Blaise gave Xeno an awkward half smile. Lovegood made a path for Blaise and he gladly followed.

<<>>

"Luna tells me you like cupcakes." Xeno smiled eating his flower stew. Blaise picked around at the stew with a small smile on his face. "Only the ones shipped from a special store in Paris, mama buys them for me." The blondes face dropped for a moment but it went back as soon as it came.

Blaise picked up a knife and fork attempting to cut his flower in half it didn't work. Blaise looked up from his plate to see Luna stare in confusion while her dad glared at the boy. Blaise slowed his movements picking up his flower and placing it in his mouth.

"I like cats." Luna said out of no where a innocent smile upon her face. "Ah - boy do you like cats?" Blaise looked at the two loons. "Not really I think there a bit prissy, I'm more of a dogs person myself." Xeno began squeezing his spoon until his knuckles turned white. "Well I think your a bit prissy-" he was cut off by a big thud from under the table. Luna had kicked her dad and was know staring daggers at him.

Blaise looked clueless looking back and forth between the two. "Luna dear can I talk to you — out here!" Xeno got up from his seat limping. "Certainly Father." Luna held a smile on her face as Blaise watched the two leave the kitchen.

<<>>

"He's horrible he doesn't like cats he eats soup with a fork, and he only likes cupcakes from Paris. Luna he's just not right for you what happened to that Neville guy." Luna began to get very upset. "Neville doesn't make me happy father!" Xeno tutted. "But he's a nice boy and not a former deatheater." Luna gasped hurt. "I just think the Neville boy is better." With her eyes tearing up she said. "Well it's doesn't really matter what you think does it father!" Luna stormed back into the kitchen.

She entered the kitchen wiping her face to she Blaise hurrying up to put his jacket on. "Blaise what are you doing where supposed to go to the trevors totems after this." Blaise shook his head grabbing his keys. "Your fathers right, you deserve someone better."

Luna grabbed his keys out of his hands. "No that's ludicrous he doesn't know what he's talking about." "Luna give me my keys."

"No your not leaving me again!" Blaise stepped cautiously towards her. "Luna we both know he's right."

"No Blaise you think he's right because your a fucking coward! You too scared of having someone resent you." Luna placed his keys on the table behind her. "Is that what you think I am a coward, Luna every day I go outside I'm judged my photo has been on the daily prophet more times I can count - and when I walk with you don't think I don't hear the whispers. all those nasty names people call me so no I'm not scared of resentment lovegood."

Luna crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Then why are you leaving right now?" Blaise wanted to leave because he was a coward and did believe Luna deserved better. "Because you deserve the world Luna and I can't give it to you."

Blaise reached behind Luna to give her one last kiss. A tear rolled down his face as he grabbed his keys. "Goodbye Luna."