M i s t a k e

Over the weekend Luna went to visit her father as she missed his birthday and wanted to make up for it she bought him a ton of new soaps and things for the house. And she mentioned Blaise a few times.

But Blaise didn't know that.

<<>>

Luna walked into her potions class, she arrived early and Blaise wasn't here yet.

Luna smiled unpacking her books and waving to everyone in class she was completely clueless.

Blaise stormed into the classroom looking rough, his eyes where puffy and they had dark bags under them. He winced when he sat down next to Luna.

"Hello Blaise!" Luna started. "I visted my father and I told him about you — he said he'd like to meet you one day probably before the ball-"

"I'm not taking you to the ball Luna." Blaise snapped turning his head front. "But you said-"

"I don't care what I said looney!" He raised his voice. When he said Looney Luna put her head down. It wasn't in the playful tone he use to use or even the annoyed one it was one of pure hatred. "Alright then." Luna swallowed a lump she didn't know what she did.

Luna un clipped her necklace placing it on Blaises desk. Blaise has no look of regret on his face just anger. "I'd rather be unprotected then go to the ball with a jerk!" Luna sniffled storming out of her class.

<<>>

Luna didn't show up to Lunch or dinner.

Blaise was getting worried of course he was upset with her. I mean you can't just get over something like that.

Blaise slumped on the table as his friends watched with worry. "He hasn't eaten anything." Pansy whispered. "He's obviously waiting for Luna!" Theo hushed. "I heard her crying in her dorm." Pansy sighed. "Bullocks I've never seen her cry." Theo rolled his eyes. "Then what was that?" Pansy remarked. Theo shrugged.

Blaise listened to their conversation gloomy. He saw Neville walk in with someone beside him. "Probably Lovegood." Blaise scoffed under his breath. He saw the long curly blonde hair and his heart sunk.

Then it lifted that wasn't Luna at all it was Hannah Abbott! That was probably the girl Blaise saw Neville with yesterday. It would explain why the girl was wearing shoes. Luna never wears shoes with night gowns ever.

"Oh no." Blaise said aloud. "What is it?" Pansy asked raising from her chair. "I've made a mistake - a horrible mistake." Blaise ran to the ravenclaw dorms holding her corkscrew in his hand.

When he reached the portrait the wall gave him a riddle. "What has to be broken before you can use it?" Blaise thought for a moment. "An egg."

The portrait door swung open and Blaise ran upstairs. When he made it to her dorm the door was open. He crept in and she was lying in the bed not moving and her eyes where closed. "Oh please don't be." Blaise prayed. Then he heard a snore. Blaise exhaled his chest feeling lighter.

He looked at how angelic Luna had looked sleeping. The he looked around her room was a mess and her crystals where all messed up. Blaise laughed a little picking up her room and rearranging her crystals.

He left her a note and her corkscrew.

And before he left he kissed her on the forehead.