I stare down at my soup, swirling around the liquid with my spoon.

The steam rises to my face, dampening by bangs. The heat is alarming, and when I take a spoonful, my tongue burns. I push my soup aside and rip pieces of bread apart, stuffing myself with it.

"How come Adrian doesn't sit here anymore?" Tracey asks, looking between Adrian and me.

"We broke up," I reply flatly.

Ever since I saw Adrian the last time, which was when we broke up, I hadn't really given him a second thought.

I don't want to get back with him, so there wasn't much to think about when it came to him.

"Oh," Tracey's brow furrows, and she can't read my expression, whether I'm sad or happy. I can't be too sure either. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I shrug and eat a small piece of bread.

Silence ensues, and Tracey just stares at me. I stare back at her, not sure how to react. I take a deep breath and look back at my soup. It looks as if it's the same temperature as before.

"Pansy, I can't do this," Tracey says solemnly, her eyes flickering with impatience. "If you're not going to talk to me, then I'm not going to keep waiting to listen."

My shoulders drop, and I avoid Tracey's gaze. My thigh trembles and I can't bring myself to confess anything. I know Tracey's waiting, and I hate that I have nothing to tell her.

I don't know why I don't want to tell Tracey.

She'd understand.

So why can't I just fucking say it?

"I-" I stutter, feeling helpless. "I'm sorry."

I hear Tracey sigh and feel the weight of her body lift off the table. I don't look up. I don't want to watch her leave.

Theo (Theodore) Nott

In one hand is my overdue library book as I walk through the corridors. I shake my head gently, forcing my hair to cover the front sides of my face.

As I stroll through the hallway, I smile and wink to all the girls who give me that look. Any girl who does that makes me laugh, not in a bad way, in an 'it's strange' way. However, the only girl on my mind right now is Y/N. Ever since the last time we fucked, it's the only thing I can think about. It somehow manages to interrupt my every thought.

Though I've been in many relationships before, obviously, none of them have lasted any longer than a couple of months. I'm pretty sure the longest person I've dated Pansy, which went on for just barely two months in third year, but I can't be sure. I don't even think Pansy counts me as an 'ex-boyfriend' since we were fourteen, and we barely interacted in that 'relationship'. I can't remember the last time I had a real conversation with her.

Y/N came out of absolutely nowhere.

I've known Y/N for a long time, longer than I probably think. We just were never close friends. She had her group, Blaise, Terence, Pansy, the 'popular' kids of our year. Strangely enough, I'm acquaintances with all of them, I hope, I've just never been with them.

I do my best to stay away from them. I don't mind them or anything. They just aren't for me. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like Y/N. I have for a while now. I just never asked her out or anything. I'm not close enough with her to do something so hasty. Sure, I'm pretty reckless, but not that reckless.

I'm still in shock that I let her do what she's done. Part of it is that I know I don't want it to stop, even if she has no affection towards it. I let her swallow my cum. I never do that.