23

One month!

Freaking one month. This should be some kind of joke, for sure.

"Where are they?" I almost yelled at Bryan as he was casually watching some TV show and having popcorn.

"Hey easy cousin, they're in their room" he points the stairs via his eyeballs under his eyelashes and then turned back his tilted face on the large screen.

I roll my eyes and drop my bag on the couch and rush to their bedroom. I skip one stair each as I run.

As I enter their room, the sudden stop made me inhale a sharp breath but it wasn't audible enough for anyone to notice. I see my mother folding a jacket that's probably my father's. She didn't notice me at first, my father comes out of the bathroom with a long blue towel around him whilst he was using another towel to dry his wet hair. He probably took a bath. He didn't notice me either as his eyes were shut closed and he spoke.

"Did you tell Ashley? Is she back yet?" He asks my mother, still keeping his eyes closed and rubbing his wet hair with the help of the towel.

"I will when she - ... Ash, my sweetheart" my mother widens her eyes as soon as she notices me and drops the unfolded cloth on the bed and walks up to me, giving me a tight hug. Pulling away from the hug, her smile remains their.

My father opens his eyes and looks at me and gives me a smile, before taking the towel off his still wet hair and drops it on the dry bed, walking towards me as my mother.

"Why didn't you both tell me before?" I pout in disappointment and walk towards the bed and sit on it, without making eye contact with them. They glance at each other and smiles sympathetically.

"We came to know about this, few hours ago" my father defends but I wasn't ready to hear any excuse. Or maybe I was, I just stay quite and don't look at them whilst crossing my arms. My legs tap on the white marble floor beneath it.

All my body language should explain how gutted I really am. My mother was quick to understand so she bends with her knees on the floor in front of me, keeping her delicate hand with polished nails on my knees.

"We'll be back soon, don't worry" my mother tells me softly whilst placing her hand on my cheek and caressing it. I still don't say a word but her gesture worked on making me calm a little bit. I stare at her beautiful blue eyes as she stares mine. Her brows were slightly furrowed in sympathy or maybe I don't know how to explain it. Her lips were gently curled into a small smile.

"And we're sorry not to inform you earlier but kid you were at school" I look up at my father whilst he spoke the words, buttoning up his white cream shirt, his towel still around his waist.

"Don't you think one month is too long?" I huff, glancing at both of them. My mother gets up and sits beside me turning me to face her.

"Now you're acting like a little child" my mother half laughs but my father doesn't leave the opportunity to laugh harder whilst buttoning up the last button of his shirt.

"You're an adult Miss. Kyler" my father laughs.

"I very well know I'm an adult now, it's just.... I'll miss you both" I confess, looking on my lap. They probably both glance at each other but I couldn't see as my eyes still down on my lap.

"We will miss you too but the work is like that, we need to leave" my mother consoles me and gets up to the closet, grabbing clothes and laying them down on the bed before packing them in the bag that they'll carry.

"One month will vanish within a blink of your eyes" my father jokes. I foolishly blink my eyes in order to finish the month, but it didn't. Instead I roll my eyes.