Chapter 19: The True Face Of A Coward

The four of us still sat there even after Morana said 'oh'. Everyone else seemed...upset or horrified. I was a little bit of both.

I used the ponytail holder I had on my wrist to put my light blue hair up in a ponytail.

"Well," I sighed, trying to figure out what to say, "I think...well, I think... Yeah. I got nothin'."

"This...this would be so much simpler if I didn't get two visions!" Tess said. "I mean... I got a vision of what's going to happen no matter what. There's no stopping it. Then there are some pieces of the puzzle missing... Then I got two visions. One of what will happen if Peter Pettigrew escapes, the other if he didn't. And I don't know which one is gonna come true!"

"Well, then," Aura said, "if you wanna go find out by trying to stop that bastard you're not doing it without me."

"Or me," I said, smiling at Tess. "You're my best friend. You'll need an intelligent one around."

"What, Aura and I aren't intelligent?" Tess asked.

"I never said that," I said. "But...the more intelligence the better. I think. So...we'll need the intelligent one, the loyal one, the brave one, and the cunning one, if you don't terribly mind, Death Eater." I turned my head to look at Morana.

She thought with a frown on her face. "Fine," she muttered. "Only to help out my friend. Which would be you, Aura."

"Alright," Tess sighed. "Let's...get a move on then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE TRUE FACE OF A COWARD~~~

Apparently the words "let's get a move on then" were lies. We ended up having to wait for...I don't even know how long. But Harry, Ron, Hermione, Professor Lupin, Professor Snape, Sirius Black (...I think), and, uh, Peter Pettigrew (again, I think) came out of the Whomping Willow root.

"Stay here," Tess hissed at us in a whisper as we hid behind a bush. "Stay here until I tell you to go. We'll go at the spot where my first vision ended. But keep your eyes on Peter. He's the one that Professor Lupin has his wand pointed towards."

I looked at Peter, and saw that he was pretty short. Especially for a male. He had a pointed nose, small eyes, and brown hair that looked as though it were fading in color. He also had a bald spot. Since he was eleven in 1971 he should have been 33 or 34, but he looked as though he was middle aged.

My eyes drifted slowly off of Peter and I looked lazily at Harry talking to the unfamiliar man, most likely Sirius Black. They were talking, but I couldn't hear.

After a while, Lupin spoke threateningly to Peter, "One wrong move, Peter."

A few seconds after that a cloud moved, revealing the moonlight behind it.

Lupin suddenly became rigid, then started shaking.

Please don't tell me...

"Oh my -" Hermione gasped. "He didn't take his potion tonight! He's not safe!"

Dammit...

"Neither are we!" Morana whispered to us.

Professor Lupin leapt forward and Sirius Black (I think, but I'm still not sure) caught him and threw him back.

"Leave it to me - RUN!" Sirius yelled.

"Can we go now?" I whimpered silently to Tess.

"Not quite..." she answered quietly, looking like my cat Smith before he pounces.

Lupin was changing.

It was absolutely horrid.

He-he...he was snarling. His head was lengthened. His shoulders were hunched, hair was sprouting on his face and hands, and his hands were clawed paws.

I was petrified. I felt like the basilisk from last year had gotten me. I was so scared...

I came out of my daze when Hermione screamed.

I looked and saw that Peter was trying to get a wand off of the ground.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled. "Stay where you are!"

Peter then began to transform into a rat. Then, in rat form, scurried away.

Bloody coward...

"Now!" Tess hissed at us.