Chapter 4: The Leaky Cauldron

We arrived at The Leaky Cauldron that night. I was extremely tired. Tess's dad got a room just for Tess and me. Tess's mom was going to go back home because she had to work again in the morning. Matthew and Erica got a room together, and when Tess and I went into our room the first thing I did was put my stuff down. I stood staring at my bags. That's how tired I was. Then I slumped to a bed, and the second my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE LEAKY CAULDRON~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the morning, and I realized that my cat and Tess weren't in the room. As long as they were okay I didn't care where they were. I got up and changed out of my clothes from the day before. I put on a denim skirt with a bronze button, a black shirt with blue stripes, and black flip-flops.

I went out of the room and saw an owl run by (yes, I mean run, not fly) and a cat chasing it. Smith. He made the owl unable to fly. Poor little fella. But...it wasn't Peckers. I mean, Peckers was a snowy owl, and this was a tawny owl. It couldn't be...

I followed Smith and grabbed him before he ran down the stairs. The owl ran down the steps, and as I was telling Smith that it wasn't okay to chase owls I heard a voice.

"Viola!" the girl said. She sounded familiar. Almost like someone I knew, but their voice changed a little. I looked down and saw a red-headed girl holding Viola, the tawny owl I saw, with Tess. It couldn't be...but it was.

"Aura?" I asked. She looked up at me and I saw the same grey eyes that I saw last year.

"Xenia?" she asked me.

I nodded. I walked down the steps to her. "Hi," I smiled.

"Hey," she smiled back. We hugged each other for a few seconds. Afterwards, I realized what she was wearing. She was wearing a golden shirt, red jeans, and black flip-flops.

I realized what Tess was wearing, too. She was wearing a yellow shirt, black shorts, and yellow and black striped flip-flops.

"I need to put Smith back in our room," I told Aura and Tess. "Would you like to come to keep me company?"

"Yeah," Tess smiled.

"Sure," Aura shrugged. "I have to put Viola in my room anyway."

We walked up the stairs, and I said something I should, but probably shouldn't, have said. "Aura, I'm sorry that Smith was chasing Viola. I was -"

"He what?!" she yelled, but not too loud. We stopped on the top of the steps, Tess a step behind us.

"You didn't know?"

"No! I thought it was another cat!" Aura looked angry. "How could you let him do this?!"

"I'm sorry!" I yelled back. "I was asleep! Would you like me to be able to control my cat while I'm asleep?"

"You'd be quite talented, and well-known," Aura said in her normal tone matter-of-factly.

"Still!" I yelled again.

"Woah, woah, woah," Tess stood between us. "Usually I stay out of fights, but you two need to stop. You're best friends. Stop worrying about why Viola is hurt, and worry about what this argument could do to your friendship."

Wow, a bit extreme, Tess. Drama queen. Although, her House does value friendship...

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry," Aura said as Tess moved out of our way onto the step above us. "I overreacted."

"Apology accepted," I smiled. "And I'm sorry for fighting you."