Chapter 9: The Depression Of Me (And More!)

Morana. That's me. The daughter of Miranda and Matthew Drax. Younger sister of Melissa Drax. Older sister of Michael Drax. Born February 14, 1980. Pureblood witch sorted into Slytherin House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'm only in my third year.

I made few friends. Pansy Parkinson. Millicent Bultsrode (sort of; we're at least on good terms). Daphne Greengrass. And Tracey Davis.

I made enemies, too. Uh, kinda. Aura "Disgraceful Malfoy" Malfoy. Tess "Insightful One" Booker. Xenia "Mudblood" Fairchild.

And I'm Morana "Death Eater" Drax.

I fell in love. I fell in love with Draco Malfoy, a wizard also sorted into Slytherin at Hogwarts. I don't understand why. Why he...why he chose Pansy over me. At Diagon Alley weeks before he asked if I'd like to "do this again sometime". I said yes. I expected to go on another date. What I got was seeing Draco and Pansy snuggling with each other, and then Draco kissed Pansy on the cheek.

Why doesn't he like me?! I'm pretty...ish. Pretty enough. I don't think I'm pretty. Am I pretty? No, of course not. Then Draco wouldn't be dating Pansy.

I'm smart. Why isn't he smart enough to truly see...?

I'm nice. The Slytherin definition of nice, that is. I'm caring to my friends and family. I am compassionate when it comes to those closest to me. I would be a perfect girlfriend on Slytherin standards.

I guess not if the best guy in Slytherin isn't dating me...

I almost felt like giving up. Like ending it. But I decided that I didn't want to kill myself or die because the guy I like likes someone else. I can survive. I'll get over him. I'll move on, marry someone else, have pureblood kids with someone else... Grow old with someone else.... Someone that would be pureblood, but would love me even if I wasn't... I expected it to be Draco. Now Pansy can have her dream come true.

But one day I decided enough was enough. I was gonna try to stop moping around as much. I was gonna try to make myself better.

But that's not entirely what happened.

Now, I must talk about what happened after the Fat Lady's run.

Professor Dumbledore came and got the Slytherins, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws, and we met the Gryffindors in the Great Hall ten minutes after it happened. We didn't know about the Fat Lady, but later Aura told us.

Proffesor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were closing the doors as Dumbledore spoke, "The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle. I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here." My eyes widened as he said it. Great. I had to be in the same room with Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws, and Mudbloods for a long time. Just like when we have a grand feast. Yay.

"I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge," Dumbledore continued. "Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately." He looked at Percy Weasley. "Send word with one of the ghosts." Dumbledore paused, looking like he was about to leave. "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..." He waved his hand and the table flew up against the walls. He waved again and hundreds of purple sleeping bags appeared. "Sleep well." Dumbledore closed the door after he left.

Aura pushed through the crowd, and found Xenia and Tess. They walked over to me. I wasn't talking to anybody, and I still had this shocked look on my face. Aura told the three of us exactly what happened to the Fat Lady. I wasn't paying enough attention. I looked over at Draco and Pansy. Draco had his arm around Pansy, and they were laughing at what a Slytherin prefect was telling them. The prefect walked away, and Pansy and Draco...well, they were kissing each other. Aura seemed to notice what I was looking at, and she pushed me away from Draco and Pansy.