"I'm sorry too!" Turk did the same as Carson, looking just as apologetic. Elena looked a bit taken aback, as one would not expect two delinquents to have manners, or be apologetic. Turk and Carson were stereotypical that way.

"T-Thanks, you two ..."

Both Carson and Turk stood up and smiled at her. They turned and faced me, looking at me with reassuring expressions.

"We're sorry, Clint, we'll make it up to you; promise!" Turk said as he lightly punched my arm lightly, smiling as he did.

"Yeah, anything!" Carson punched my other shoulder lightly, also smiling. I was happy we reconciled.

"I'll help out too. Anything for a friend." Dylan spoke up, looking at the three of us with a gentle smile. It was like you would never know he was a brawler, seeing him smile like that.

"Thanks, everyone. Elena and I need your help with something. Since Jared Quinn won't stop causing trouble, I've thought of a plan to beat 'em. Listen carefully ..."

---

"See you two later."

"You know the plan, Turk."

"You bet your ass I do."

Elena and I exited the car and waved to Turk, as we were entering the house. Then, almost the exact minute we walked in, we saw the last two people in my Uncle's house you would ever expect: Elena's parents.

"Mom! Dad!" Elena ran to them and hugged both of them tightly. Elena hadn't seen her parents in so long, it must've been nice for her. A family happily reuniting.

"Elena! Oh, we're so glad you're okay!" Her father said, tears forming at the corner of his left eye. Well then.

"Mom, Dad, I'd like to properly introduce you to someone ..."

Elena then pointed to me, slowly walking over to me and standing at my side. I would rather be left not mentioned, thank you very much.

"This is Garrett Clint. He's been helping me out; he gave me a place to stay when you two were hurt, and he's saved me countless times, even if it meant him getting hurt ... he's been protecting me." She looked up at me, smiling.

I was really embarrassed by how she complimented me. It was overwhelming at the time. All I did was rub the back of my head and smile like an idiot, since I was not used to the concept of being appreciated or complimented.

"He even saved you two. In that car accident on the highway, he lifted the hood off of you two ..." Elena trailed off slowly as she held my hand, looking at her parents. Pleeeease let go of my hand, they're going to think something's up with the two of us ... goddamnit, she's not letting go.

"Garrett Clint ...? You're Tom and Leni's son, aren't you?" Her father asked me quietly. I guess he knew my parents.

"That's me."

"We're very sorry about your family ..." Her mother said sorrowfully.

"Even if we were business rivals ... we never held anything against your family. We wanted to help you but we worried after Terry-"

"I understand that, Mr. and Mrs. Arrington ... I know neither of you would chalk up something against my family."

"We know for a fact who murdered his family, including Terry ..." Elena trailed off slowly, looking somewhat confidently towards her parents. Terry? Terrence Arrington's nickname ... it sounded familiar.