Chapter Nine

Jungkook was sitting, facing Jimin who was drying his face with a tissue.

"How is your, uhm, eating disorder?" Jungkook asks carefully.

Jimin has a small smile spread across his face as he looks down at the tissue that was being deformed in his grasp.

"With Tae and Chu there, appa has more people to make sure I eat. Just like you used to do, make me all my meals and sit until I ate as much as I could. As you can see, I'm at a healthy weight. I don't push myself as much." Jimin nods as he sniffles, looking up to Jungkook who wore a small smile.

"And your-"

"Self harming?" Jimin watches Jungkook's face.

"Y-yeah."

"I don't do it anymore. I haven't relapsed in a long time." The smaller smiled proudly to himself before gleaming up at Jungkook.

"I've been clean for years Jungkook. Isn't that great?" He grinned, his top lip getting gnawed on by his teeth.

"That's fantastic Jimin." Jungkook rubbed Jimin's cheek with his thumb.

"Just proved I was right too." His smile falters.

"What do you mean?" Jimin frowns as he scoots closer to Jungkook.

"You got better when I left." He said breathlessly as his hand slowly fell. "And that I'm no good for you."

"No!" Jimin whines as he lunges forward and hugs Jungkook's neck.

"You were the best thing to happen to me." Jimin says against Jungkook's neck.

"Jimin." Jungkook inhales. "Good things don't usually drive you to drowning in your own pool of blood." Jimin sat back and looked at Jungkook who was looking down at all the scars covering his legs and arms.

They were visible to everyone as Jimin wore jean shorts and a teal short sleeve top.

"None of these scars are because of you."

"How can I believe that when there's more scars then I remember." Jungkook bit his lips when his voice wavered, his eyes began to burn as well.

He blinked his eyes, tears falling quickly down his face.

Jimin rushed to wipe his tears before sighing.

"I waited everyday for you."

"Why?"

"Because you made me happy."

"Jimin." Jungkook pulls Jimin's hands away from his face.

"You liked me for a long time, you gave me things and gave me joy, but when did I ever repay it back."

"You didn't make me feel disgusting for all my scars. And you helped me feel comfortable in my skin. You cooked me dinner. You gave me good memories from both school and when we were at home. You would always tell me how pretty I was and how I was going to take over the model industry. You helped me smile when all I wanted to do was crawl into a ball and die." Jimin explains before scooting closer to Jungkook.

"You loved me." Jimin smiles before placing a kiss on Jungkook's cheek.

Jimin pulled back but was still close to Jungkook's face.

"Not as much as you loved me. That's my biggest flaw." Jungkook let his head fall back as he stared up at the ceiling.

"I said so many things hoping you'd hate me and never see me again. I hoped that your hate for me would overtake the love you had and hopefully keep you from missing me."

Jimin frowned.

"Did you mean any of it?"

Jungkook's head jerked forward as he held Jimin's arms.

"Of course not! I was just weak minded and let what my father said get to me. You were and still are gorgeous, Jimin." Jungkook looked deep into Jimin's eyes who smiled before looking down.

"But you didn't take any of our pictures."

"I had plenty on my phone and," Jungkook opened the locket that was around his neck, "I had this."

Jimin's lip quivered before a tear fell from his eye.

It was a picture of him, he had a huge smile as he wore a white beanie.

"My lockscreen and wallpaper are all you. No matter how badly I wanted to, I could never forget you. I still remember how you cried when I left. I wanted to sob and hold you and stay with you. But my father was waiting outside. I couldn't shed one tear." Jungkook whispers.

Jungkook rests his forehead against Jimin's.

"But when we finally landed here, in Italy, I can assure you I cried my heart out when I settled in my room. I stared at your picture for hours. I wanted to come back but I assumed you had already moved on and never wanted to see me again—"

"No!" Jimin gasped out as he held Jungkook's face.

"I called you so much! I waited for you to come back!" Jimin shouts as he tackles Jungkook to lay down on the couch.

Jungkook chuckled.

"I'm glad to see you're doing so much better, Jimin." Jungkook smiled at Jimin who looked down shyly.

"You finally got the model career you always dreamed about." Jungkook rubs Jimin's hair, who turns his head, his chin resting on Jungkook's chest.

"We were supposed to reach our dreams together." Jimin pouts as he closes one eye when Jungkook goes to wipe it clean of tears.

"I know, I'm sorry." Jungkook sadly smiles.

Jimin buries his face in Jungkook's chest, rubbing his face in his chest before bringing his head back up.

"After we leave, after the fashion show, are you going to forget about me again?" Jimin asks, terrified for the answer.

"I don't think we're good for each other—"

Jimin sits up abruptly before slapping a hand over Jungkook's mouth.

"Wrong answer! It's 'no'!" Jimin pouts.

"Jimin—'' Jungkook's eyes shoot open, the size of saucers as he feels Jimin's soft lips come into contact with his, moving against his own paraylzed lips.