•Distractions•

Bennett POV:

"Just wait here for a little bit Razor, I'm going to be right back". I start running off in Kathrynn's direction. She was standing in her normal area outside of the Adventurer's Guild.

I shouldn't have made her wait this long. It's pretty obvious that she's a really busy person, taking care of all the quests and commissions that come in. She's also the landlord for literally all the apartments in Mondstadt. I don't really understand how she does it but she does, and yet she still tolerates me.

"Sorry that I didn't give you the money right away". I make my way over. I reach into my bag and take out the sack with the mora. "I have the money right here it was 500 mora?" I pant.

Kathrynn begins shaking her head as if she was feeling guilty.

"Sigh...I'm sorry Bennett I did not mean to put so much pressure on you...". Kathrynn makes intense eye contact."It's just that, I want you to be more careful. I didn't find this much of a big deal. It's just...because with the way you are and how people act around you, I don't want them to look down on you for simple mistakes that anyone could make. I hope you didn't think I hated you for something like this!? I could never find it in my heart to hate you for something like..." Kathrynn shakes her head "Even so, the fact that I acted so angry towards you was extremely uncalled for, I'm sorry for that again...I do have to say one thing though, I was particularly upset that day." She sighs" Someone who didn't look like they were from around here just came up to me and wanted to put in a request for something they lost. He was extremely pushy about it, I felt like I was going to explode with anger at how ignorant he was also acting. I felt strong suspicion towards him. Not to mention the item he lost looked extremely...different, you could say. I guess I did take some of that anger out on you unknowingly". Kathrynn bows repeatedly with a regretful face.

Was Kathrynn stressing about this the whole time!? I mean I didn't really think that she hated me... The thought came to mind but I never really took it seriously.

"It's fine Kathrynn, I'm the one who made the mistake. If someone makes a mistake they would still have to fix it, that's all I was doing." I start rubbing the back of my head. "I don't think that I was being pressured or that you hated me, I know for a fact that you're a great person Kathrynn and something like this wouldn't make you hate someone" I put my hands on my hips. "Nevertheless, I still had to fix the situation either way". I take out 500 mora from the bag and put it on the counter "So here's the money I owe!" I grin.

Kathrynn looks up at me feeling relieved. I never thought something like that would really upset her this much. She gives an elegant smile and puts the mora into a jar filled with even more mora. She looks back up at me and points towards Razor.

"By the way who's the boy you're with?" Kathrynn questions. "What quest or commission did you do to bring him back with you? Also while we're on the topic of what quest or commission you do, did you get the paper signed to show me who sent the quest type and if you actually completed it?". Kathrynn rests her chin on her palms.

"Oh, you mean Razor". I look back to Razor who is patiently standing still waiting for me looking just around the area. "The quest I got was given to me by Traveler and Paimon because they just didn't have time to do it. The quest was in Springvale. It was about eliminating something that was imposing a threat on their animals, mainly their boars. Also, I may have forgotten...to get the signature. To summarize everything that happened let's just say that we both got stuck in a trap, Razor hurt his leg badly, the person who sent out the quest came and found us but since I was stuck in a trap the whole time, I didn't finish the quest entirely. Luckily the person gave a proposition that worked in Razor and I's favour. I needed to bring him back here anyway because of the fact that his leg got hurt and the person's proposition was to take him here with me" I chuckle.