•Quest Complete!•Does a new one emerge?•

Bennett POV:

Why are they staring at us so intensely? I mean we didn't do anything...well I hope so. The guy that gave me the quest walks up to me directly.

"Hum...Hi. Sorry about not reporting back to you?'' I say while staring up at the guy now hovering over me.

Ok, well I can tell that this guy is seriously upset about something. I know I practically failed the quest but, then again, I really didn't. I just have to tell him what happened and everything will be alright.

"I hope dam well, you were not in that trap the whole night" The guy moves closer to my face clearly showing his frustration with me "right?"

Naturally feeling uncomfortable, I slowly move my face away from his.

"Well, sir....maybe...yes..."I say in failure to think of a response to his question. "However, if we bypass the fact that I was in a hole the whole night. I did find out that the wolves in this area are not to blame." I start to rise on one knee. "There seems to be something else causing your animals to disappear. The wolves near you don't take food from your guy's gated areas. If they find an animal in the forest they will hunt it down, not take it from someplace they know humans live. If they saw animals in Springvale they wouldn't attack them. Therefore that takes them off the list"

Who am I trying to fool!? I didn't do any digging into this at all. Not to mention I'm trying to make myself sound much smarter than I could ever be. All I know is that the wolves and Razor aren't to blame. Judging by the guy's face, he doesn't really believe my judgments. Now that I really think about it I don't truly know if Razor is telling the truth. I literally just met him overnight. However, it's hard to think of Razor lying about something like this for some reason.

I turn my attention to Razor, who's been sitting silently on the ground not moving a hair. He was clearly uncomfortable judging by the look on his face. He did say that he rarely has any human interaction. I guess you would be irritated in a situation like this.

"Is that really all you've done?! The guy grunts while pinching between his eyes "All we were asking was for you to catch something or kill something causing us distress. I didn't ask for you to get caught in one of the many traps I told you to be careful of!

He is clearly furious about the situation. However, when did he tell me about the traps? Oh, wait a minute...

Flashback-

While dashing off I swear I heard the guy say something about traps but I was in too much of a rush to actually stop and go back. Even so, it most likely wasn't even that important anyway. Well, I hope so.

Back to reality-

CRAP I REALLY SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! This all could have been avoided if I just listened to what he had to say. I guess I truly am in the wrong...

"I remember now. Yes, I was wrong I didn't listen when you were talking and I continued to run-" Out of the blue, a growl so loud that it attracts everyone's attention cuts me off.

What the heack was that!? For a second we all stand still in silence. For some odd reason, I instinctively turn my head towards Razor. He was now holding his stomach as if in pain and blushing uncontrollably.

"Bennett..." Razor says in a low monotone voice while tugging at the rim of my pants "Hungry..." Razor raises his head up and looks directly into my eyes.

Wait I know what these are called. Agh I think pug eyes? No, puppy pug eyes? No, not that either...OH, PUPPY DOG EYES! That's exactly the expression he's giving me right now. It feels as if my heart is being stabbed by cuteness. I have no idea how I know how that feels but, that's what it feels like...somehow.