Riya woke up with a strong head ache. She tried to open her eyes but once she did, she found everything around her spinning.

She held her head and sat on the bed trying to decipher the reason behind the severe headache.

The incidents of the previous night flashed in front of her eyes.

Concerned about Karan she immediately looked around for him only to find him sleeping on the bed next to her. He was lying on his stomach facing the other side, his body covered with duvet. The steady rise and dip movement of his back showed that he was in a deep sleep.

She felt relieved to find him alright but the relief was short lived.

It was as if lightning struck her as she realised the condition they were in. They were sleeping in one room, on one bed, under the same duvet. She looked around to find their clothes from last night lying all over the bed.

She panicked.

As if realising something, she pulled the duvet slightly off her, with shaky hands, to find herself naked under it.

She started trembling as sweat beads formed on her forehead. With the speed of lightning she got off from the bed covering herself with the bedsheet that was accumulated on one side of the bed.

With one hand holding the bed sheet tightly around her body and other hand placed on her forehead, she looked all over the room with the hope to find something that could prove that all that she was thinking was false and all that was a nightmare that would end in some time.

But it wasn't. The slight pain and throbbing between her legs told her that.

Tears started falling off her eyes. She was shocked at the way the incidents had turned out to be but was still in denial.

She ran towards the washroom and shut the door behind her.

Though her mind knew what had happened, she was not ready to believe it.

She closed her eyes and desparately tried to remember the incidents of the previous night so that she could prove to herself that nothing of that sort happened, but in vain.

She tried harder.

Right now she could give away her everything to someone who would tell her that all that she was thinking was false and nothing of that sort has happened in reality. She tried harder to recollect something, anything from the previous night but couldn't.

Not ready to give up, she applied more strain on her mind and the memories of that horrible night when she had witnessed that brutal incident in her childhood flashed infront of her eyes.

Though she could not see anything clearly she could hear the heart wrenching screams of her sister.

Before her mind could further lead her to anything more disturbing which would destroy her mentally she opened her eyes with great sense of urgency.

She was breathing heavily as the sweat and tears flowed down her face.

With much difficulty she put on the shower and stood beneath it to cool down her mind and give her thoughts a break.

Standing beneath the shower she let her tears flow away as she cursed herself for the misery she had caused to herself. Her eyes were closed as silent sobs escaped her quivering lips, her grip on the bedsheet only tightening with every sob that escaped her heart.

She had helped him last night only because of humanitarian reasons. He was broken and she had seen the look in his eyes from the time he heard the news of his father's demise till he cremated him till he came back drunk the previous night.