Rumpelstiltskin mocks charming.

"Persistent."

The two continue to duel. Rumpelstiltskin eventually gains the upper hand and holds the sword against Prince Charming's neck.

"Had enough?"

Charming despite on the loosing end refuses to back down.

"Never."

Charming strikes back and ends up Cutting Rumpelstiltskin's face, ouch! however he magically heals instantly.

Rumpelstiltskin again gains the upper hand and gets Prince Charming disarmed on the ground.

Rumplstiltskin holds charmings sword.

"Looking for this? So brave. So gallant. So pointless. Bravery won't get you out this forest, dearie. Magic will. Trust me. This is a deal you want to make, because we both want the same thing."

Charming spits out

"What's that?"

"Why, you and your true love to be together, of course." Rumplstiltskin state obviously.

Rumpelstiltskin holds up a vial of the bottled 'true love'

"Behold. The most powerful magic of all... True love."

Charming reached out to touch it.

"Ah! Careful. This is all I have left of it."

"What do you know of true love?" Charming accuses rumplstiltskin.

"Well, not so much as you, perhaps, but not so little as you might think."

That takes charming by surprise.

"You? You loved someone?"

"It was a brief flicker of light amidst an ocean of darkness."

He was talking about belle.

A few days after my unfortunate audience with king Maurice, rumple explained his past with belle.

He explained that she used to work for him as a servant, with a solum vioce the far away look in his eyes, it didn't take long to it the pieces together.

"What happened?"

"She died. That's the thing about true love, dearie. It can slip through your fingers. It's the most powerful magic in the world. The only magic powerful enough to break any curse. It must be protected at all costs."

"I don't understand. What exactly is it you want me to do?" Charming asked confused.

Rumpelstiltskin clarified

"I want you to help me protect it by putting it in a safe place for me."

Rumpelstiltskin produces an egg shaped container, which he puts the vial in.

"And where is that?"

"Inside the belly of a beast, of course."

Rumpelstiltskin shuts the egg container and tosses it to Prince Charming.

"Why hide it?"

"Let's just say, I'm saving it for a rainy day."

With a wave of his hand the three of us disappear only to reappear of the bank of a river.

On the other side.

Maleficent castle.

Charming takes in the surroundings.