Chapter 51 - Just a dream

"Fuck!" Slamming back against the wall, your body felt a shock wave hit to wrack against your rib cage like a breath of air had finally been allowed. Silence was thick in the air, your eyes frantically flickering around the Norse exhibit; yet again, still empty with you slumped on the floor. Your bag was strewn on the floor, contents spilling out, but upon the podium was... empty.

Slowly rising to your feet, you felt another pulse of energy in the form of memories crash around in your head. Both hands clasp over your lips, tears starting to form as you crawled to your bag and saw the time just the same as when you had left.

"What happened?"

"Y/n?" Your date emerged through. "Oh, hey, I'm going to go,"

"S-" he didn't bother looking, instead just leaving. "Sure..."

Rounding up everything into your bag again, you stared at the podium with a single card lain on it.

This exhibit piece is under maintenance until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding,
- Exhibition director ❤️

"Weird," you murmur at the familiar heart.

~~~

"Y/n, it was just a dream,"

"Listen, it wasn't alright? I know it wasn't a dream," you snap at your therapist who continued to note things down. "Stop writing down things that don't matter,"

"This reality, Y/n, this fixation on this dream-"

"Not a dream," you snarl.

"Dream, your fixation on this dream is stressing you out, it's not good for you or the people around you," They insist.

"How? How is it not good for people around me? I hardly have anyone, hell, the only person really close to me is you!"

"Breathe, Y/n," they guide your intakes and exhales. "We will resume next week same time,"

~~~

Rain pattered against your umbrella, both your feet leading you aimlessly around the city. Aimlessly, hm? No, you went right to the museum. Just like every week just to see if the book was there again.

Moving quickly to the exhibit, you saw children admiring the artifacts, but you went to the podium immediately. Still nothing.

"Of course," was all you mustered, sitting against the small white leather seats.

"And here is Loki, god of mischief and lies!" the tour guide exclaims as kids cheer.

"Hm, you would have liked them," you breathe against the palm your head perched upon. A small tap on your shoulder made your eyes brighten.

"You dropped this?" a little girl held your comic out to you.

"Oh... yeah, thanks," you smile before stopping her. "Actually, you have it, I don't really want it,"

"Why not?"

"Reminds me of someone too much," you say simply, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"Alright!" She giggles, running away with it as you sigh.

Taking one last breath, your head fell into your hands, back hunched. It felt like a cycle: going here then to therapy just to be told it was your imagination.

It hurt like a constant dagger being driven into your heart... because as much as you hate to admit it, it was just a dream...

~~~

Hope you like that :))

- Anna ❤️

HA! You thought~ *lil Benedict booty shake*

~~~

"Is a reminder so bad?" Looking up instantly, his green eyes were looking right back at you. His cheeks tugged up with a smile as he wore a security guard uniform. "Hello, darling,"

"Loki?" You back up slightly. "This isn't a dream... right?"

"No, I'm really here," he holds his hand out which you take instantly, pulling him into a kiss. Cupping his face with shaky hands, he let his hands wrap around you tight.

"How??" You pull back in realization.

"It took a while but... it was so worth it," he presses his forehead against yours with his eyes shut. "I missed you so much, Y/n,"

A small flurry of butterflies filled your chest. "I missed you too, Lokes," holding his face in your hands, you pepper his cheeks with kisses until one finally planted on his lips again. "Do you... still love me?"

"Never stopped, darling, never stopped," Hugging him tight, you couldn't believe it. "Let's go home,"

"Tower or Asgard, your highness?" Intertwining your fingers with his, you both moved out the exhibit as people paid no mind.

"Our home,"

You knew this was real. It was always real, no doubt in your mind said it was fake, made up, or your imagination, despite everyone saying so. Deep down you knew this wasn't just a dream.

~~~

Did I get you?

Did I get you?

While you cried I'm smiling at your sad comments and dancing to Mr. Saxobeat. (Yes I did the snake hips like Tom and the lil booty shake the Benedict did with Jimmy)

Alas it is the end!

- Anna ❤️