Chapter 28 - Burton

"Y/n," it was two days until Loki finally spoke to you. The ignored presence, awkward passing in the halls or eye contact at meals became too much.

Busy watching the cooking brownies in the oven, you reply, "hey, Lokes,"

"May I just say sorry for my actions,"

You turned attention to him, lifting to your feet. "Hm?... Oh! Right, yeah... don't worry, it was just a stupid thing between us," you chuckle nervously. "You didn't mean it, right?"

"Ah, yes, I didn't mean it, simply a... mistake- in the moment actions," he shrugs it off.

"Yeah, absolutely," tipping back and forth he watched the unease in your glances.

"Are you certain everything is fine?" He looked unsure and little ashamed of pushing a boundary.

"Yes, course, trust me, it happens all the time," you pat his shoulder and hear the oven ring. "Oh! They're done~" chocolatey treats were taken out the oven and place on the stove top to cool.

"They are...?" The mood changed quickly.

"Brownies, stabby," you turn on 'Stark's smart cool down machine' installed in the stove ventilation system. Cutting right into the tray, you take a slice up to his lips, he takes a bite and smiles.

"I'd like more, please," he took the slice you held and quickly, yet elegantly, consumed it.

"Later, after dinner-" a flash of blue with purple on top suddenly zoomed by and the brownies were gone. "PIETRO! CLINT! GET YOUR ASSES BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" You yell and run after the zoom, following it to Pietro's locked bedroom.

Loki smirked and conjured the missing tray up before walking away to the elevator. Ridding the illusion of the culprits you had death threats set on with a chuckle.

~~~

TW: Mention of razor and blood (but it's only for shaving because Y/n is dumbass and can't shave) (I'm just putting this here in case!)

"We'll meet again~ Don't know where... Don't know when-" there was a blaring alarm making you drop your razor and shriek at the now evident cut. Whimpering in pain and anger, you grab your towel and wrap it tight before rushing out. "What's going on?!"

The alarm stopped when everyone was in the living-room. "Were you attacked?!" Thor gasps at your leg.

"No, she's just bad at shaving," Nat hums.

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect to be scared HALF TO DEATH!"

"Calm down, smokey," Tony tosses you a kitchen cloth as you sit to wipe up the blood. "Anyways, Halloween is in a week and I just wanted to announce this years theme!"

"Is he serious?" They nod at your question. "Sorry, I'm going back to my lovely shower while listening to Alastor sing," (Please- ParanoidDJ's covers as Alastor on Youtube make me so happy-)

"The theme is Tim Burton,"

"And suddenly I think Alastor can wait," you twist on your heel and march back.

"Tim Burton, and no copycat costumes, that is all," Tony shoos everyone off.

"Ladies... I have the most perfect idea~" you coo to the girls who smirk, already on board with your idea. "Get ready to lose, I know every Burton film like the back of my hand,"

"But... why?"

"Gothic aesthetic, Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp, need I say more?"

~~~

(I only liked the outfits, I'd rather replace the accessories with the actual masks that Lock, Shock and Barrel wear from Nightmare before Christmas)

Riding up the boots up and adjusting purple striped stockings to stay up on your thigh, Nat strut out holding her skull mask. She, unlike you and Wanda, wore a wig to help with selling the look. You helped fix Wanda's horn shaped bits of hair, she looked absolutely adorable!

"Ready?"

"We're going to win," Nat folds her arms and smirks, fitting the mask over her face as you copied.

"Didn't know there was a competition," you murmur behind the mask.

"We're the Avengers, everything is a competition," Wanda laughs, walking out the room. Down the hall you could see the boys waiting already, turning and doing a double take at your three, "Lock," Wanda lifted her mask.

"Shock," you followed suit.

"And Barrel," so did Nat. "You all look like deers in headlights," she adds on when no ones speaks.

Thor was evidently Oogie-Boogie, Tony being Beetlejuice, Cap as Adam Maitland, Clint was Edward Scissor hands, Bruce being the Mad hatter, Vision was Jack Skellington, Pietro was a male version of Emily, Peter was Victor Frankenstein, Sam was Willy Wonka, Bucky was Sweeney Todd and lastly, Loki was Victor Van Dort.

"This is getting a little weird," you whisper to the girls who held back their laughs. "Yup, we've killed them,"

"You guys look amazing!" Peter suddenly said.

"Thanks, little Victor," you then turn to Loki, "you look more like Thomas Sharpe,"

"Let me guess, a character that mortal version of me plays?"

"Smart boy,"

"Alright, well, guessing we don't need a confirmation on who's won, we might as well go right to the main event!"

"Which is...?"

"Escape room!"

~~~

Womp

Womp

Now you get the chapter lmfao

- Anna ❤️