Chapter 17 - Boo!

"So what creatures roam these waters?"

"Oh the nastiest little critters... like... Seaweed!" you throw seaweed at Loki making him swat it away with a frightened face.

"I despise you,"

"You seem to despise everyone but Peter," laying on the surface, the spider-boy swims over under the water and pulls you down making you choke on the water mid-scream. Thrashing about in a constant hit to his head he surfaced with a cackle. "I'll fucking end you,"

"It was a little funny,"

"It was," both earned a splash of water as you sulked away and to Nat who was talking with Bruce... best not disturb them. Diving down after seeing Sam with the boys, you direct yourself. With each crawl you take a breath behind large waves before finding his legs and tugging at them.

Suddenly a hand grasped your throat and pulled you up, fist threatening to punch your face. A deep crimson flushed your cheeks, Sam's heavy breathing subsided as your air was slightly cut off. It moved from pressure against your throat to the sides which was more comfortable.

"That's a little kinky!" Peter screeches from Loki's side as the trickster glared.

"He's not wrong,"

Sam let go with a chuckle as you gained a breath back a rubbed the skin with a smirk. "Don't do that,"

"If you tell me not to, I will," swimming to Bucky's arm you check your reflection and rub the two points of pressure. "It looks like a smiley face!" You giggle, poking at the spots then wincing. "Very painful smiley face,"

~~~

Loki was busy talking with Wanda and Peter who brought up the idea of magic fusion with Peter's webs when you spotted a light scar on Loki's back. Your head tilts as you swim closer, subtly still talking with Clint until he left to annoy the living hell out of Natasha.

Peter was flung using Wanda's magic as she swum to pull him back, Loki's laugh was heavenly but you could focus on it later.

You were right, it was a scar, along with smaller ones running along his spine as well as small burn marks which healed not well enough to disappear. Did burn marks even disappear??

One thought struck your mind; Thanos. The blood in your veins boiled as you held back the urge to find the tesseract, find Thanos and rip his grape skin off using a toothpick. It was all snapped away when you saw the bracelet's he wore, at least the one on his left hand, was off and not eating his magic up.

"Boo!" You pop up next to him causing his fist to land right against your face, blood slowly oozing out with your cry.

"Oh, gods," Loki cradled you in his arms and conjured magic to heal your broken nose, letting the blood fizzle away and the cartilage healing over. "Don't do that, darling," he mumbles as a light scold.

"A sorry would be nice," you poke at your healing nose until he grabs your hands to stop your tampering.

"Don't sneak up on me and I wouldn't need to do this," he poked the hyaline gently before sighing out, "what was the point of that?"

"Thought you being scared would be funny... but it proved my point," you turn to Tony and Steve who gape slightly, the others ready to attack at the sight of Loki's magic, only to lower when Thor cheers.

"I told you he was good!"

"I healed her nose, don't be dramatic," Loki scoffs.

"Guess Y/n was right..." Tony lifted his water proof stark watch and let the other restraint turn off. A sudden whir of green shot through Loki's veins making him tense, like a crash of fresh air after days in a polluted city.

"Right? Forgive me for being confused," Vision raises his hand.

"The old men and I had a talk and I convinced them to shut down one of those stupid things," you take off the first bracelet, "prove to them you wouldn't escape, and that you wouldn't kill them when you had your magic back," you took off the other one and toss it to Stark who flips you off with a defeated smile.

"You? Why?" The team gave you both privacy.

"Because you're Loki, you're not Thanos' puppet and not a shadow in Thor's glory, you are the god of mischief, cunning and skilled in your arts, and no one should take away your powers, no matter what," you poured the cool water over his wrists and pat them.

"Thank you," murmuring these soft words, he hesitantly opened his arms which you accept. For a frost giant, he was warm and comforting, toned chest but enough to cuddle up against at night after a long day or a nightmare.

Lifting your head off his shoulder, you were met with the first genuine soft smile he had given you directly and the butterflies in your stomach were set loose.

"Don't mention it, Lokes... and please don't burn the tower down,"

"Not while you, Peter or Wanda are inside," he assures.

"I'm honored, now let's go," tugging him to shore, the packed picnic basket never looked so inviting. Loki watched as your ran off, his heart thumping lightly against his chest, swelling up with a joy and acceptance he hadn't ever felt from anyone other than his mother or wretched oaf of a brother.

~~~

We are forgetting Episode 4 of Loki ever happened :)

- Anna ❤️