Chapter 23 - Bad taste in chocolate sauce

Peter glided down the aisles on the shopping cart whilst items were placed in by you. Loki was happily walking down to peer at the odd items shelved. It was just a quick grocery run so there was no need to ask Friday for it or have everyone come along.

You were choosing between types of flour, Loki down the other end with two bottles of chocolate sauce in his hands.

"Very interesting, I'm sure," Loki looked to his left to see a woman with black hair and deep hazel eyes, her skin was tan draped with mostly red clothing.

"I'm not sure what the difference is, they are both chocolate,"

"Quality, if you want a good one, go with this," she takes a third bottle from the shelf and switches it out with the other two.

"Thank you... I'm Loki,"

"Caroline," she shook his hand before looking again. "You don't happen to be Avengers Loki? I'm sure not many parents name their sons Loki,"

"You'd be correct, I'm merely here accompanying those two, make sure they don't cause mayhem," he gestures to you and Peter arguing over boxed cake mix flavours.

"Ah, the two mystery inhabitants of the Avengers tower,"

"Peter is merely an intern and Y/n is staying temporarily,

"Still leaves her as a mystery," she shrugs with a pearly white smile, lips a blood red. "Did you... maybe want to get a coffee?"

"I drink tea, but I'm sure you can enlighten me on the differing qualities of coffee,"

"I'd happily do so," she takes out a piece of paper from her bag and pen, jotting down her number, name and a simple 'x'. "Text me when you can," she winks and grabs a bottle of vanilla extract before leaving.

"Hm," Loki looks at the slip and pockets it, turning to see Peter grinning. "What?"

"You got a date~" He coos as you smirk with a slight fall in your face.

"I suppose so," Loki tosses the bottle of chocolate to Peter as you look down at the brand.

"Ew, bad taste in chocolate sauce," you grimace as Peter nods in agreement, switching it.

~~~

"Mr Stark! Mr Loki got a date with a really pretty woman!" There was a bang and crash as everyone stumbles in gaping.

"She was actually really pretty," you admit before placing down the bags.

"Well done, brother!"

"Calm yourselves, it's not like we are to wed," Loki walks off and helps you sort things out.

"Yeah guys, wait until he proposes in a month," you joke.

"Not you too," he grumbles, nudging you playfully, your leg kicking his in retaliation.

"You were practically having eye sex, dude," placing ice cream on the counter with milk and a better brand of chocolate sauce, you find the blender and make a milkshake. "Milkshake time, bitches!"

"You swear like a sailor, Y/n," Cap scorns.

"And you don't?" He opens his mouth only to close it in defeat. "And I gotta ask, is there anything I can do? Can I get a job? I hate spending all my time doing nothing here," you concoct the drink and the blender made not a single noise, yet mixed it all up perfectly. Thank you, Stark Tech!

"What type of job?"

"I don't know... I mean I've always wanted to be an English teacher, maybe for higher education,"

"That would take a degree, Y/n," Bruce inputs making you nod.

"I do, I have a bachelors and masters-"

"In your old world, you'll need a proper one from here," Nat takes a ready made milkshake.

Sighing with disdain, you shake your head from side to side, weighing out the options and costs of free time. "Alright, fine... besides, I did once, how hard could it be?"

"But you need to do a set of exams to get into the course,"

With a single nod, your next two weeks were planned with study.

Oh, how you would regret that.

~~~

Sitting down in a bare room, Cap stood at the front with Bruce, Tony and Loki all around. Stark held the papers as you tapped your pen on your palm waiting to start. He walked forward as the clock started to get near closer to the start of the exam time.

"You may begin," Bruce nods, your hands turning the paper over and scanning all the sheets. Your pen dragged across the thin sheets and circled the short answers as fast as possible.

Loki looked over the spare exam paper with a raised brow, he looked up to you then back down at the page you were on. The clock ticked slowly for the men but too fast for you. Numbers on the round glass cased mechanism were zoned out of your mind, you focused purely on the questions.

Checking back multiple times after finishing you sigh out in relief and put the pen down, shoving the paper forward. Your eyes met the clock. Only half way through.

"Are you done?" Cap approached as you nod. "Oh... uhm, alright,"

"How are you done so early?" Bruce eyed the paper, flicking through quickly, spotting well written points. Tony placed the paper in an envelope sent it away to be marked and graded.

"It wasn't as hard as I remember, content is different but I felt less stressed," standing up and packing your things away you eventually lean on the desk and smile.

"Second time's always a charm," Loki quipped before walking away.

~~~

Don't fact check me on how this scenario even works- I'm just making it up lol

Also rereading this now, this whole study/school thing is stupid so I apologise

- Anna ❤️