Chapter 38 - I think she likes me

"We have no time for changing so I will use my magic," Loki announces to the group, not bothering to look at them. "Bow or curtsy, respectively," he notes, turning to Pietro who curtsied. "As much as I appreciate your lack of care for societal gender roles, Speedster, I doubt the Allfather is accepting, so bow,"

"Dammit," he scowls.

"Simply do your bow or curtsy, introduce yourself as so 'Loki... Odinson, prince of Asgard, God of mischief and lies'," he gives an example, the 'Odinson' part making him cringe.

"Sorry, we're not gods or royalty," Bruce butts in.

"Say 'Bruce Banner, hero and citizen of Midgard', simple as that, lower your head and still until you are allowed to lift and meet eyes, address the Allfather as such or as your highness, your majesty, never Odin,"

"Brother, be calm! They will do fine," Thor clasped a hand on Loki who ran a hand over his face and through his hair in frustration.

"If you so wish for your friends to be sent to the dungeons or executed then understand precautions," he snaps.

"Hey, Lokes, calm down," you pat the god's shoulder. "We'll be fine, I'm sure they know better,"

"Yes, yes, you're right, thank you, dear," he sighs out, not noticing the given name. "Shall we?"

Your heated cheeks were sucked in as you nodded quickly whilst the group snickers.

Green passed over; Nat was in a red and black dress with an armoured plate on her shoulder, her hair was put in a perfect braid. Wanda wore a fully red dress that had long sleeves her hair was left completely down.

Looking at the men, you noticed everyone in their respective colours, Tony was in red with a few intricate yellow designs on leather armour, Cap had a blue top that had a subtle blue Star and white strips along the front paired with a red cape, Bruce had a green cape crossing over his body in a very hobbit-esque way, Clint wore a leather top with sharp shoulders and purple cape, Bucky had a silver and black outfit similar to Tony's but with an opening for his metal arm, lastly Peter wore a navy leather outfit with a single shoulder cape that draped over his arm. Pietro wore blue and silver armour with no cape to slow him down.

As for you? Green, black and gold was the main scheme. A long dress reaching the floor, the under-fabric a olive green with black leather over the shoulders and along your waist. Black mesh started at the middle of the waist leather before moving down to create an upside down 'v' to the floor. Gold accents were maneuvered across the bits of black like gold flakes.

"Much better," Loki nods in approval, looking at you for a quite a while trying to take in every detail as if this was the last time he would see you. You looked absolutely magnificent in his colours—he hoped you didn't mind... nor know the meaning such a thing.

"Say 'Assberg', Parker!" You snap a picture of him holding a peace sign up. "Holy shit, there are pockets!" You slip your phone into a large one. "And they can actually fit things!"

"We must go now, hurry," Loki slide around the group and nudge everyone towards the hall with a wave of magic.

~~~

"My sons," Odin smiled to Thor and eyed Loki for a moment which made you grasp Sam's hand. The Falcon held you back a little, remembering your plead to stop your murder scheme. Frigga was stood beside Odin, a little bit behind with a soft and welcoming look. Adorned in yellow, her sunflower aura made you melt in awe; she was more lovely in person and she hadn't even spoken to you.

She made eye contact with you, the demeanor of shyness and respect making her tilt in amusement. Frigga tapped her chin for you to lift from your small head-bowed greeting. Everyone did their bit, and who was surprised that Tony, Clint and Pietro messed up? No one... not even Odin; guess he was told about their idiot antics.

"Y/n L/n, citizen of Midgard, Allfather," you curtsy and hold for a few seconds as he gazed from you to Frigga to Loki who was holding his breath, head lowered.

"You may rise," he walked down to meet you. "Do you hold no other titles beside residency?"

"No, your majesty, forgive me," head stayed bowed as you felt his judging gaze.

"Skills?"

"I hold none too noticeable, fighting is no strength, knowledge is more preferred, if I may state so,"

He raised an amused and cocky brow then huffed, rolling his eyes at Frigga. He walked up the steps as you looked up and stuck your tongue at him. Frigga laughed a little too loud making Odin turn back to you who had resumed a lowered-head stance.

"Show them to their chambers, would you be willing to accompany them, my queen?" Odin looks to Frigga who bows and walks over to the group.

"Come with me," she took your arm which caused your muscles to tense. Everyone walked out down the halls to follow Thor. "Don't pay mind to him, Odin has never been accepting of species beyond Asgard,"

"Yes, well, I believe ignorance towards the-"

"You can speak normally, I am aware that Midgardians have moved away from such formal speech," she laughs as the group eyes you two, Loki closer to the pair.

"Thank the gods, honestly I don't think I could keep talking like that," fake gasps for air left you making her chuckle. "He just needs to stop being so stuck up,"

"Y/n!" Thor warns as Loki snickers.

"Hey, I'm being truthful, pop tarts," you turned to Frigga again. "I mean honestly, he's the king of nine realms and hates anyone not part of his?" sighing out in frustration, she pats your arm.

"You make a good point but it's not my place to state," soon a hall was met with plenty of rooms. "We are to have supper in the banquet halls and my sons will lead you there, understood?" The princes nod rapidly. "Wonderful! I hope we talk again, Y/n," she kissed both your cheeks and squeezed them lovingly.

"I think she likes me," your smile gleamed as Loki sighed out thankfully.

~~~

Another one because I love you

- Anna ❤️