Chapter 47 - You're brilliant

You wander the halls after the slip up with a small whistle, embarrassment filling your entire being, each thought making you cringe. "Thank you, Y/n," you spin to see Frigga and the princes' exiting a large room.

"Uh... what?"

"Thank you," her tone was too sweet but not one slight undertone of malicious intent.

"Okay, am I actually deaf? Because I think you forgot I kinda let it slip that you had a secret daughter? You guys heard that right?" You look to the men who nod with changing moods from the new information.

"I've been meaning to tell them, I saw it unfair but Odin said to never bring up, that the only way was for them to find out themselves," she took your hands softly. "I've been in regret for centuries and you come here as a blessing,"

"Did being a gay simp finally have a good outcome? Wow, it really is Ragnarok," you accept the hug she suddenly initiated.

"I would be ecstatic to have you as a daughter-in-law, Y/n," she notes with a small poke to your nose.

"Even if it means me marrying Hela?"

She takes out a crumpled piece of paper, unrolling it. "Who said it would be Hela?" she whispers making you squeak and grab the note from Anna. "Now, we must find out what Anna really meant,"

"They said 'something that would sway the nine realms' which is not good," Loki walks forward as Thor raises Lucille- Jonathan- Jeff- Mjolnir, that's it.

"Well, lil miss curious here did some digging," you point to yourself. "First thought was stealing something, but Anna is dramatic so that wouldn't be it,"

"So?" They all followed you down the halls.

"Murder!" You say a little too enthusiastically, catching you tone. "I mean... Murder... Oh no?" Thor slaps his forehead as Loki smiles softly. The library doors were opened again and you peered inside to see the others. "Is Eudora here?"

"No, she left a while ago,"

"Good, because the game is on," everyone gathered swiftly around the table. "Anna said what Eudora will do will sway the nine realms, so we need to figure out what it is, and stop it! I figured it would be someone's murder,"

"Yours?" Wanda asks making everyone look to her. "This is a fanfic, guys, Y/n is the main character, course she's getting murdered,"

"I appreciate you finally coming to terms with my god-complex and main character personality but if I was murdered then it wouldn't really sway the nine realms, in  all honesty Odin would be like 'Yes, Eudora, stab her again, Queen! Get it, miss thing!' so..." you say clapping your hands in a very fruity manner as some of the team bursts into laughter

"Who said Odin would have to sway the nine realms? I'm sure someone else  would if you died," Frigga looks to Loki who was scowling at the thought, snapping his eyes to his mother with a blush.

"It doesn't matter because I'm just not that important but someone is, and that someone is you boys, and Fleora," you look to the Asgard royals and princess.

"Bet you fifty it's Loki," Clint puts down a crisp bill as the other idiots followed, the warriors putting down gold coins.

"Why, thank you," Loki sneers.

"Well, no, because if Eudora is as power hungry as I think she is..." Nat moves the best in front of Thor. "Then she'll want the nine realms,"

"But why not just kill off Frigga and Odin?" Sam asks, pushing the bets to Frigga.

"Because either way the boys will get the thrones when they marry, Odin and I will step down the moment they wed," Frigga then pushes the bets away.

"Meaning if she wants the throne... she'll kill me," Fleora looks up with water filled eyes, Thor rushing to her side and assuring her he wouldn't let that happen.

"Over my dead body," you snarl. "Besides, she actually cares about you and doesn't like Thor like that," you push the bet in front of Thor who knits his brows.

"Me?"

"If you die, Fleora won't be allowed to rule the Nine Realms without a prince of Asgard," you tap an open chapter on a political book. "Meaning Loki and Eudora would switch to rule the realms as Fleora rules Alfheim," the group all come to a realization with jaws ajar.

"You're brilliant," Loki breathes out with a half-hooded gaze.

"Thanks, Loki," you both shared a small, shy, side-tugged smile, both your hands grazing against each other side by side, his pinky almost linking with yours, hidden a little by the table. A heat rises in your cheeks, teeth biting down the inner corner of your lips as the small brush was felt.

"So, how do we find this out?" Pietro asks obliviously, making everyone look away from obvious interaction. Your body rushes away from Loki's as you disappear into the grimoire section of the library.

"Well, when an almighty being says something bad will happen, I don't tend to let it slip my mind," they hear you groan and come back with a large book. "This book is bigger than the audacity Loki had to turn into a snake and stab Thor when they were 8,"

"It was a little funny," Loki tries to reason as everyone looks blatantly concerned. "It was!"

"A little," Frigga coughs as Thor leans his head forward with a look of betrayal. "So, Y/n?"

"Okay," you drop the book and flip through it frantically. "Eudora is probably the type of person to hire someone to do it for her, so I wondered if there were some type of market for this thing, Asgard's version of the black market,"

"Hit-man for hire," Steve says.

"Exactly, Cap, but that would take too long unless someone has a record of-"

Sif suddenly put a notebook down. "What? It's useful," she smirks.

"God, I don't know if you want to be you or be with you," you mutter absentmindedly before looking up to the group, Loki dropping his face into a jealous frown. "I need to just shut up,"

"And carry on with what you were saying," Tony knocks on the book which you flick through.

"Right, well, I was curious about tracking spells because Strange used some to help in Ragnarok... I wondered if you could track items, not just people,"

"A recovery spell? That could be possible," Loki hummed.

"It is," tapping the right page, Loki picked it up from your possession, mumbling simple words.

His hand was held out, a green glow in his palm. You watched with a dazzed gaze, against the table, as he went to a small cabinet in the library to find a small piece of paper and quill. It slowly crumbled and burst into flames in his hands, his eyes tracing the spell and morphing it flawlessly.

"God, he's so hot," you repeat your earlier actions, thankfully quiet enough for Loki not to hear—sadly only Loki couldn't hear while the rest did. "Shut the fuck up," you warn the group, walking towards him as his magic materialized into a compass.

"Well, it worked," he snaps the compass shut and looks to you with a large gleam. "Wonderful thinking, Y/n,"

"Thanks, now let's do this thing,"

~~~

Loki using magic is HDVJHSVDKCS :)

- Anna ❤️