Chapter 21 - Finally good

Loki gave you one assured caress, pushing your hair back slightly and ridding your cheek of debris once you were knelt against the lobby wall. "I'll be back," he assures.

As he left, Vision gave you a bottle of water to which Wanda held your hand. Loki had run to the reporters who were being treated for injuries—Shield Agents rushing in to remove the weapons, cores and criminals, passing by smoothly.

He knelt beside the man as Bruce had done a first Aid technique. Loki pushed back his sleeves and started to merge green magic into the veins, inner bones vaguely visible. There was a groan from the man, a bead of sweat slowly dropped from the Trickster's face as he focused on merging the bones back.

(Side note: to treat fractures before going to a proper doctor perform RICE: Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate)

"Nearly," there was a moment of tense silence and soon it was complete. A sigh of relief both leaving the camera man and the god. "Done, it should be fine to walk on but give yourself a moment to make sure you can balance," Loki stood up and fell back only to be caught by Thor.

"Brother?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine... just too much magic used, my original flow is yet to come back," he shook off the dizziness before slumping against the reception desk. In his hand was a sudden cup of tea, herbal smell intoxicating his senses as he sipped to regain energy.

He let the mug settle on the dusty glass desk before sending a wave of magic to heal small cuts and bruises, but this drained the last of his power, his knees buckled under and Peter went to his side.

"Careful, Mr Loki," Peter murmurs, mask still on.

"I'm fine," he pats the boy's shoulder sipping at the remaining tea, unable to conjure more. "I'm fine,"

Reporters stood fully healed before running over to Loki, thankfully Thor blocked their way as his brother flinched at the sudden movement. "Stand back before I force you back, my brother is in no mood for your petty bickering," they nod and make way as Thor helped Loki up, moving back when Loki assured he needed no help.

~~~

Hours had passed and the trickster had full recovered after hand brewing the herbal tea. The others were given some as well once Loki had regained enough energy to make up for what was used.

Yet, you hadn't come out from your room. This worried him slightly, though Wanda had said you took a shower then planned on a nap, something told him to check to make sure you were alright.

When he knocked on your door twice he pushed open after a moment of silence lasting too long. Tension released when he saw you sleeping on your bed, curled up tight within bundles of f/c. He moved forward and placed a mug of tea on your bedside table before kneeling down to your side with a breathless, yet quiet, laugh.

Relief washed over to see your face in less distress, nothing but small scratches on your temple. His index finger hovered above it to help heal it as if nothing had ever appeared in that spot.

Before he stood, he saw that scrunched in your fists was his handkerchief. It was almost like a comfort item to you in this state, the fabric clung onto and flushed against your chest. The hesitation in his hand was evident as he lifted it to push away some hair from your eyes and link his pinky with yours. Loki placed a kiss against your forehead.

"Sleep well, dove,"

The look on his face once he emerged from the room wasn't undecipherable when Thor and Nat passed with smirks.

~~~

"Fanmail," Pepper walked in holding a sack with Happy persisting to take the big bag and switch with the small one he held.

"Best day ever!" The Avengers rush out and take the big bag, the smaller one more likely being sorted as Tony's and Cap's strictly.

"Oh, sorry, the small bag is yours, the big one belongs to Loki,"

"Since uh when?" Thor furrows his brow as you snicker at the reference.

"I'm confused, what is this?" Loki held up the bag and peered inside.

"People who admire you send letters sometimes even with art they made," you smile at the group. "Oh! Here's mine," you pick up a letter which Loki snatches and rips open.

"Mature," Loki shows the group a bad drawing of him as a snake with a dagger in his mouth; words above it saying 'greasy stabby boi'.

"I think it's pretty well done," pride graced your lips as Loki pretends to throw it in the bin. An illusion doing that while he actually put the picture in his pocket.

"This will take a while to open..." Loki weighs the bag and estimates the minimum amount there should be.

"I'll help, this will be fun," dropping it in a pile on the carpet next to the couches, you find the first one.

It was pink with a heart wax seal. Laced with the smell of roses and was perfectly hand written. Peeling away the wax you clear your throat and read over.

"Dear Loki, I am such a big fan of you! I just have to say you're really handsome and I admire you so much! I hope you read this and know that I love you! Sincerely, V,"

"What the fuck??" You look to Thor who holds his first letter up. "Dear Thor, please tell Loki that I want to date him, give him my number xoxo Lei,"

"Oh, that made my day," Loki sighs in content. "But what significance does a number hold?"

"Phone number, dumbass, for your phone," you hold you phone up, "call and text people, go on social media, watch videos-"

"Read Wattpad," Wanda sings making to throw the empty bag at her. "Oh, ow, such pain!" She pretends to die making you jump up and walk over.

"I have defeated the scarlet witch! Fear me!" Your foot rested on her stomach only for her to flip you over. "Ouchie,"

~~~

I'm here to commit arson

- Anna ❤️