Chapter 14 - And the winner is...

"All we need is Asgardian berries, but because this is Midgard, I will need access to my magic to conjure it," Loki placed the apples into boiling water steeped with sugar.

"Good luck, Horns," Tony yells as he fought with Steve over sparklers.

"I won't escape, you tiny daft man!" He growls, grabbing the chef's knife. "One simple moment is all it will take," Loki pushed back his sleeve, your eyes unknowingly widening then darkening, especially at the drained colour around the bracelet where an energy fed off the magic to restrain it. "So if you will,"

"Fine, but only one,"

"One is all that is needed," Tony pressed a few buttons and the clasp on his right hand stopped it's feeding allowing Loki to get beautiful lush pink berries with spots of blue, dusted lightly in sugar.

However, the moment he did, the clasp started it's only reason of creation, Loki holding back a groan of pain.

This was not going to slide passed you.

~~~

You watched with curious eyes at the odd buttercream made by the Falcon and Winter soldier. Despite Pietro having forfeited after he got hit by a whisk of sticky batter, Clint at the other end of the handle, The Hawk would not give up, not yet!

Tony and Steve gave up, now curled in the corner taking a nap and unconsciously fighting with each other.

Thor had been sent to sit in the corner and eat his fondant while Loki baked, the grace in his movements making you smile gently.

Wanda and Vision were almost done, their cupcakes looking just perfect.

Nat had encouraged Peter to do his homework while the cakes baked and she made her special Russian buttermilk frosting.

"3 minutes, bakers!" You announce, full panic ensuing. Turning to the camera you grin, "there's actually 10, but I'm impatient,"

~~~

"Seeing as everyone else has either not finished or burnt their cakes until it's inedible," you look pointedly to Sam and Bucky who hold their tray of charcoal and frosting.

"It leaves you three," Bruce smiles.

Loki placed his tray next to Nat's which was beside Wanda's.

"What about me??" Clint pouts, holding up green cakes with some weird yellow fluid oozing from the top.

"If I wish for death, I'd go to the Supernatural universe,"

"What do you have for us, Loki?" Bruce pursed his lips, still a little frightened by the god.

"An Asgardian apple and berry cupcake, as you Midgardians call it, it has berries from the highest peak of the Asgardian mountains plus a hint of 1000 year old liquor, alcohol should have been cooked out by now,"

You turn the cupcake around. The actual cake was a light pink and the frosting was a deeper hue. Once cut into, the inside was filled with cooked apples and the frosting perfectly sliced, holding it's shape.

"Not bad," you take your half as Bruce took his. One bite into it and your eyes widened, it was sweet and tart with small tones of sour berries. The berries were quite literally out of this world with a hint of something you couldn't describe.

"Well, I'll be damned," Bruce mumbles, wiping frosting from his lips as you took his remaining half and ate it. "Come on!"

"Sorry, Banner, keep up," you say with a full mouth, one hand shielding it from sight.

He rolled his eyes and stepped to Nat, his smile brightening as you leaned on the table, watching them interact like the cutest pair you've ever been able to lay eyes on. Russian frosting on a dark Moscow chocolate cake, bits of alcohol in it but only for the flavour. A single cherry on top dripped red syrup over the snowy white cream.

Taking a bite, you swipe frosting from the top and ate it up quickly before running to her counter and grabbing the bowl of extra. "I'm keeping this,"

"You'll get a stomach ache,"

"If I die, I die," stuffing the spatula in your mouth you see her sigh. "Finally my favourite unusual couple,"

"Sokovian spice cakes, chili chocolate sauce on top and in the center," It was light brown cake with the chocolate dripping out when cut, the top coated with hardened sauce and flakes of chili.

"This will kill me, but if I die..." a single shrug made Nat deadpan.

"Do you have a death kink or something?"

"Everyone has a death kink in this decade, if you don't then I'd like to take your serotonin,"

"MOOD! THIS BITCH EMPTY!" Peter yells, holding a calculator, pretending to throw it.

"Yeet," Vision mumbles quietly, making you glare at Peter who hung from the ceiling.

"Okay, I did teach him that,"

"I'm- I can't be mad," clapping your hands together, you turn to the groups. "We shall deliberate our final choices,"

~~~

"The final decision has been made!" In the corner of your eye you saw Clint running forward with his cupcake, slow motion began as he sprinted and your shouts of fear left your mouth open.

He dove forward and smashed half the cupcake into your mouth and the other into Bruce's. You instinctively gag but oddly enough... it was delicious??

Peter helped you to you feet and Bruce recovered as Nat calmed him. You both meet eyes and nod, "The winner is Clint!"

Once in his hands, Clint boasted the mini trophy with a gold whisk and bowl on top. Pietro cheered and held him up as the others followed back to the elevator... all except Tony and Steve who you held behind for a little talk.

~~~

Ooooo

Ooooo

I've talked about death so much my friends said they think I have a death kink

Wowie so edgy Anna ✋🙄

- Anna ❤️