Chapter-3 Nathaniel

Our guns were pointing towards the voice behind us. The head raised showing the outline of the face hidden by a black hoodie. Derek let out an exasperated sigh.
"Geez Nate, did you have to sneak up like that!?"

Nate shrugged and moved past us into the room. Nate was a man of few words,he was your typical introvert. He would stay in his workplace, without human connection for days. There were only a few times he showed his face. But the reason he was our undercover agent was because of his ability to get stuff done perfectly. Also he had gained our trust through various missions.

It was understandable, him sneaking up on us was his precautionary measure to watch out for unwanted visits from dangerous people.
His place was a mess as always, food and packets strewn on one side, few change of clothes and electronic items. But he kept his laptop and accessories neat all the time. He preferred a dark atmosphere,no lights.

"To think they would not only have three officers as moles but also offer bribes the minute we take our posts.. it's crazy."
"There's got to be more, they have mics and cams spying all the time."
"Right... so Nate,what have you got for us?"

Nate had a projector light up and the map of Watford popped on the screen. The different points were marked in different colours. The boundaries of each gang's territory in red, 4 safe houses in green, our house in orange and the 9 watchpoints in purple. The city had 6 exits into the highways. The watchpoints were close to the highways and the storehouses.

"Watchpoints near the borders of Watford are for transaction points, the ones on the inner side of the city are for the storehouses. The public park in the center acts as a borderline for each territory. I will send the info, upload them into your maps"
"Okay...the west territory of Salvatore seems smaller than the others"
"Yes and the biggest is the Terranova."

The map changed to images of men in suits with titles above them. Captain(Terranova-picture taken during a clash between them and Salvatore), Underboss(Lansky), Counselor (Gravano), Counselor (Salvatore).

The images were pretty much vague except the underboss of Lansky. There were documents and reports lined on the table so Derek and I started analysing them. A number of names were there, the frequency of exchanges happening at each area and routes used, crimes conducted till now and operations taking place currently. Finding the names of gang members or the leaders takes a long time and is a difficult process. Mafia gangs are very secretive on information because leaks result in instant death. Nate must have gone through a lot of trouble and effort for this.

"We will check the names and other details later, Derek."
"Yes, right now...who is the weakest,Nate or should I say 'least careful' "
Finding out the 'least careful' was a fundamental requirement when multiple opponents appear. They tend to be overconfident and less cautious than the other formidable ones.

Nate pointed to the east.
"Lansky. They are less careful than the others recently, due to no interference. Their underboss came out in the open for one of the transactions and even tried to capture Terranova's area in the middle of one. Terranova has been a major target because of the vastness of their territory."

Derek and I exchanged looks and smiled at Nate. Most of the mafia men on top positions don't show off their appearances in public spaces. Lansky's underboss however waltzed into the open making himself vulnerable.
"Lansky it is then?"
We both nodded.
"Yes, Lansky will be our first target."
Nate stared at us for moment and moved a bit uncertainly, nodding.
"And don't show those creepy smiles, you look no different than those mafia goons." he commented

"Hey!" Derek and I cried in unison.
I chuckled evilly at Nate, Derek took one look at my face and did the same.
"No" he warned.
Nate tried to escape but I caught his hoodie pulling it down. Derek turned on the lights to reveal a red head and an unshaven beard of a worn out Nate.

"Ahhh!!! Turn the lights off fuckers!"
We both exploded into laughter as we watched Nate rush to the switches while squinting his eyes.
"I will avenge myself"
"You started it and..."
Derek and I fist bumped.
"Revenge success"