'It's okay .. best friend'

Song for this chapter:
The night we met by Lord Huron.

                                   23 July , 1980.

~

It's me again . Scarlett . We finished seventh year two years ago . All of us lives together in this small house.

We are the order of the Phoenix. We fight for our lives . Death eaters are everywhere in the muggle world now . Attacks happening everyday and everywhere .

Lily and James got married and now she is pregnant with baby Harry that's what we want to name him.
Harry James Potter.

Mary and Peter are together now .
Remus likes Marlene and he wants to ask her out in these days . Marlene is with her family right now just for a couple of days and she will be back.

Regulus is still stuck with the dark lord . I'm hiding here . We all are.

"How is baby Harry?", i asked leaning next to Lily's belly . "Auntie Scarlett is ready to play with you and she will read to you every night.", i said .

"No Harry , auntie Scarlett is just trying to win you but you know man you and i will lay at night and i will read you better stories .", Sirius said with a smirk .

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his torso . "Are you sure?", i asked . "Positive.", he said . I kissed his cheek . "Now?", i asked . "Kiss the other and you win.", he said . I kissed his other cheek . "Yeah Harry she reads better stories .", he said and i grinned .

"Come on mr lover man let's get the table done.", James said . "As you wish boss.", Sirius said .

Mary ran downstairs with a letter in hand. "Marlene.", she yelled .
I stood up and took the letter from her hands .

Scarlett,
Help . I need help . It's an attack . I'm hiding but i feel I won't stay like this long enough.

Marlene.

"We need to leave now .", i said . I ran outside of the house . I apparated with everyone til we stood in front of Marlene's house .

Lily was left at the house because she shouldn't move . Between us and the house a bridge where Marlene laid .

She was on her knees and hands . She looked at me with her blue eyes that felt so cold , her pale skin that started turning blue and her blonde her that was messed up.

I ran towards her and knelt next to her . "I'm here Marlene come on let's go .", i said with tears rushing down my cheeks . I clutched her in my arms and she put her head on my lap .

"It's too l-late.", she breathed . "I-i was hit with i-it in my h-heart.", she said .
"No no don't say that please .", i said and my tears fell on her face .

She raised her shaking hand towards my face and wiped a tear . "It's okay .. best friend.", she whispered. "I l-love you Scarlett.", she whispered .

"T-tell Remus i-i liked him.", she said and her eyes dropped shut . I sobbed on her chest that wasn't rising anymore . It was stable .

I screamed for her . I needed her . She is my best friend and she will always be . They all walked closer to me clutching her lifeless body .

They all started crying . It's Marlene McKinnon the bubbly girl , the lovely one with the warmest heart . It's Marlene McKinnon the confident fighter . It's Marlene McKinnon my best friend .

~

" I'm Marlene , Marlene McKinnon .", she said and I just nodded.

"I know you are new here , it may seem a little strange but you will love it here .", she added. "In which year you'll be in ?", she asked.

"Fifth .", I replied not looking at her .
"I'll be in fifth too , how cool we can be best friends .", she said. She doesn't even know my name .

"What's your name ?", she asked .
"Scarlett Hart .", I replied still not looking at her . " you are Collin Hart's daughter .", she yelled . " yes .", I said with a blank face . "I never knew he had a daughter .", she said . " sorry for your loss ..", she added.

I laid in bed all night crying . It was my pillow and i again . Thinking about all our memories together .

Marlene's was amazing it looked perfect on her . We laughed devilishly when we saw each other . We posed in front the imaginary camera and laughed .

"We look amazing , they will drool on us i swear .", she said and we laughed even harder .

I cried even more when i thought about how many nights she held me . How many nights we talked about our loved ones . How many night we did each others make up . How many nights i stayed up to make sure she was breathing because of her heavy flu .

"Did you get it?", Marlene asked waiting for me in our dorm. I nodded with a smile and she cheered and pulled me into a hug . "That's my best friend.", she said .

I smiled at the name . Best friend . No one ever called me that . I trust Marlene .

Sirius wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer towards him .
"It hurts .", i cried . "It hurts so bad Sirius.", i cried . "I know Scarlett .", he whispered .

"She was everything to me.", i cried .
"I promise you she will never leave us , she will always be around us , with her soul.", Sirius said . I turned around and he put his hand on my cheek and wiped away the tears .

He kissed my forehead . "She loves you so much.", Sirius said .

Marlene and i started doing each other's make up.

"I'm so excited .", she said . "Maybe after today Gilderoy will you know.", she said . "I'm sure he will .", i said

~

To my only best friend , Marlene.

I never thought that day would cone Marlene . I always thought i'd die first . From the first time i met you with your bubbly and confident personality. I wished to be you Marlene .

Maybe i acted like I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying but i remember every word you said .

The first time you called me best friend was the first time someone called me that. I trusted you with my whole heart .

When we wore our dresses and laughed at how hot we were . When we did each others make up .

I love you Marlene .

Your lonely best friend , Scarlett.

I put the letter in the water of the ocean watching the wind move it away to no where.

~