'Why Severus?'

Song for this chapter:
Moral of the story by Ashe .

~

"Send letters to me Scarlett.", mum said giving me a hug . "Okay.", I replied and got on the carriage heading towards the train station.

This route seems so familiar by now .
I entered the train station and walked through the wall and headed towards the Hogwarts express .

I looked through all the compartments til Marlene waved at me and I entered their compartment. I sat next to Marlene .

I took out my book and started reading until we heard a knock on the compartment door and it opened .
"Scarlett , can I talk to you ?", Lily asked .

Everyone's eyes were on me now .
I shut my book and put it next to me .
I wanted to scream in her face to tell her how she ruined everything but at the same time I wanted to hear her .

"Yeah.", I replied and stood up . I walked out of the compartment shutting the door behind me .

"Hm?", I said . "Severus , Scarlett .", she said . "What about him?", I asked with knitted brows . "You are in danger .", she added .

"He is the one putting the peanut powder in every drink you have .", she explained and my eyes went wide .

"But why?", I asked . "I don't know Scarlett , he told me to leave James or he will keep putting it in your drinks to kill you .", Lily explained .

"I told you because I cannot take it anymore , I'm not bad Scarlett .", she added and I hugged her . "Talk to James .", I said . "I'll take care of Severus.", I said and stormed off towards the slytherins .

~
Sirius's pov

Lily entered our compartment.
"Scarlett is fighting with Severus .", she said and I stood up and ran towards the slytherins. Everyone was running after me .

"Why Severus?", she screamed while holding him from the collar and tears were streaming down her face .

"Why?", she screamed . I pulled her back and we got out of the compartment. She started hitting my chest . Once , twice and I pulled her into a hug and she cried in my chest .

"What happened?", James asked Lily .
"Severus was the one putting peanut powder in her drinks , he was the reason behind her allergic reactions , he told me to leave you or he was going to kill her .", Lily explained .

I clenched my jaw and I backed up a little . "Sirius don't.", she whispered .
"Don't.", she whispered .

I wanted to destroy him . End him .
He was going to fucking kill her .

"Let's go back .", Remus said and I nodded . Scarlett backed up .

"I'm going to the bathroom.", she said and left . I wanted to hold her . I wanted to hug her tighter . I hate myself for it but I cannot help it .

I like Scarlett Hart.

~
Scarlett's pov

I entered the girl's bathroom and cried . Why would he do this to me?

I trusted him. I liked him.

Why would he try to kill me ?

"I know why.", Regulus said entering the bathroom. He knelt in front of me and raised his sleeve showing me the dark mark on his forearm .

"You are in terrible danger , Hart .", he added . I looked at him with tears streaming down my face .

"He knows that you wrote it .", he said . "He knows you are the one who exposed his secret .", he added .

"He knows you wrote that book about the horcruxes and that he divided his soul .", Regulus added .

That's my secret . That book wasn't my father's . I wrote it with the name of my father and then he died . He didn't die in an accident. Voldemort killed him .

I knew it . I was the reason behind his death . I blame myself every night for it .

"Severus is a fellow death eater , the dark lord told him to kill you without anybody knowing .", Regulus explained .

"He won't stop Scarlett .", he added .
"He will keep trying til you are dead .", he said .

"I know where one of the horcruxes is .", he said . "Now is not the right time to get it but soon I will .", he said .

"And when I do , tell my brother I wasn't bad , tell him I loved him and tell him I....had no choice .", Regulus said stood up and left .

I learnt legilimency and I used it on him . I knew he divided his soul . I wrote that book because I knew that one day he will be back . He will be back and everyone will die .

~

I walked back to the compartment and sat in silence . Knowing I was in danger and nothing could save me is scary .

So scary .

"Are you okay?", Marlene asked and I nodded . "I'm fine .", I whispered .

The train stopped and we arrived back at Hogwarts . I took my trunk and we arrived at the castle .

We went back to our dorms to unpack and then we headed to dinner .

I looked into my goblet and nothing was in there anymore a tear slipped from my eye and I wiped it .

"I'm not hungry .", I said and went back to my dorm . I laid in bed .

He will kill me . One day or another .

I shut my eyes and maybe I'll be happy .

In my dreams .

~