'Let me take a polaroid'

Song for this chapter:
The story by Conan Grey.

~

When he said these words my heart fluttered . Wasn't he the one I hated?
Wasn't he the one I didn't trust ? I still didn't trust him but when he called me 'mine' something inside me changed .

I wanted to slam my lips on his but I couldn't. I'm not a cheater . I'm not like that. I pushed him away and left. I left him behind even though I wished to stay .

I ran to my dorm and changed . I laid on bed letting the tears fall on my pillow sharing my sadness with it .

~

I threw my pillow at Marlene so she would wake up. "Five more minutes .", she groaned . "Come on we are having a picnic today Marlene it's Saturday .", I said .

She stood up and went to the bathroom. I started to get dressed . I wore a white dress with light purple small flowers splattered all over it , I put on white snickers and a star necklace. I added beach waves to my hair and waited til Marlene got dressed and we headed to breakfast.

I sat next to Marlene and Mary. Sirius sat in front of me . He was wearing sweatpants and a black tee-shirt .

I don't feel hatred anymore . I'm not saying I trust him but I like the way he looks at me , I like the way he messes with me and I like when he calls me 'mine'.

"Scarlett the basket?", Remus asked.
"Here you go.", I said handing him the picnic basket . "We have everything now let's go.", James said.

Even though no one actually remember what happened yesterday . I remember it so well .

He didn't look happy. He looked a little miserable. I don't know anything about him. I don't know his past but I read his eyes . When he is mad his eyes are wide and is darker than usual .

When he is happy his eyes are closed a bit and his eyes are shining bright but when he is sad and miserable his eyes fill with tears . His dark eyes are sad .

I concentrated in every expression he does . Maybe everyone didn't tell their own story yet . I told my story but not everything yet.

We went to a garden with roses and the sun was shining . The place looked so happy and beautiful but it's not always about the happiness of the place sometimes it's the happiness it brings to the people entering it.

We sat on the grass and put the basket next to us . I fell backwards letting my hair splatter on the grass . In the corner of my eyes I saw Lily holding James's hand and pulling him to the end of the hill, Dorcas and Remus were chatting and laughing, Marlene , Peter and Mary were playing with rose petals .

I looked up at the sky and Sirius came closer to me . He put a flower in my hair and held his camera .

"Let me take a Polaroid .", he said and pressed the button. The Polaroid appeared from the other side .

"It will become clearer later .", he said and shoved it in his pocket . "Do you remember what you said yesterday?", I asked looking in his eyes .
"I don't ,what did I say?", he asked . I looked at his sad eyes and now mine turned like his .

"Forget about it .", I said and stood up walking towards Marlene . I sat next to them and stared at nothing.

I thought he meant what he was saying . I thought I meant something to him. Maybe I was wrong maybe he will never see anything in me .

I was so naive thinking he meant it .
I saw Lily leaving James and he stayed at the end of the hill . Lily left with tears streaming down her face .

I ran towards James. "James what happened?", I asked . "She broke up with me .", he said looking at the sky and a tear escaped his eye .

"But why?", I asked . "She said she didn't want me anymore .", he said now facing me . I sat down next to him and pulled him into a hug.

"Her loss James , you are one of the best guys I met .", I said looking in his eyes . "I'm here for you .", I said and he smiled .

"Come sit with us .", I said and stood up holding out a hand to assist him.
He took my hand and stood up . We walked towards Marlene and the rest .

~

We arrived back at Hogwarts and we headed to our dorms to wear our robes for dinner . As I walked through the halls I saw Sirius and Morgan.

They were kissing . I looked at them tears filling my eyes and I ran back to my dorm.

~
Sirius's pov

I pushed Morgan off me . "What the fuck are you doing .", I said . "I'll say it again stay away from Scarlett do you understand , I know you are the one trying to choke her by putting peanut powder inside her goblet .", I said .

"I said I didn't put anything in it .", she replied . "Then who did it?", I asked .
"I don't know .", she said and I left.

I entered the great hall and sat down . Lily broke James's heart . I really don't know why she did that.

"Where is Scarlett?", Remus asked .
"I don't know she told me she was coming .", Marlene said . "I'll go check if she is okay .", Marlene said and left .

I was worried .

~
Scarlett's pov

I went back to my dorm and locked myself in the bathroom. I hugged my knees and cried .

I don't know why I was crying . Was I sad he kissed her ? Was I sad he didn't mean what he said? Was I sad that Severus didn't care anymore ?

What specifically was I sad from now .
Marlene knocked on the door .
"Scarlett are you okay?", she asked .
"Yeah .", I replied trying to control my cracked voice .

"Let's go then.", she said . "Marlene I'm not hungry .", I replied . "You go .", I added. "Scarlett are you sure?", she asked . "Yeah .", I replied .

~
Sirius's pov

Marlene came back. "She is not hungry .", she said . She was coming what changed her mind all of a sudden?

~