31

TW's:
-Mentions heart disease
-Mentions bullying/homophobia/abuse

Clay's POV

I looked in my dad's eyes and he smiled as his eyes were filled with tears.

'Dad?' I whispered.

'Clay, my son.'

I had tears streaming down my face now and I walked towards my dad slowly. 'Can I hug you?' my dad asked.

I nodded heavily and my dad held me tightly. He let go of me after a short while and he smiled. 'Clay, you have changed so much. You're such a handsome, young man.'

I smiled and he looked back at George. 'Another handsome man,' he laughed.

George stood up and shook my dad's hand. 'I'm George.'

'I saw you cuddling,' my dad said, grinning. 'Are you well- boyfriends?'

I rolled my eyes and nodded slowly. 'We are, but no need to bully me with it.'

'I won't bully you with anything, I love the fact you are happy with someone.'

'He uh- he's a boy,' I whispered.

'So? I knew you were gay since you were ten,' my dad laughed.

'How?' I yelled. 'I'm not THAT gay-. Okay, maybe I am, but still.'

'Not that gay?' George teased me. 'Wait till I show him your notebook.'

I laughed shyly and I hugged him to hid my blushing face. George giggled as he hugged me back and we looked at my dad again.

'Why are you here, boys?'

'It's a long story,' I started. 'Can I tell him?' I asked George.

He nodded and smiled. 'George got bullied really badly in school and he ran off. I guess he was really suicidal and he called me so I went to this place.'

'Were you friends before?'

I shrugged. 'I don't even know, we were both in love with each other, but we were too dumb to see that.'

My dad laughed and pointed at the car. 'Drista is waiting, I don't want to leave her alone anymore.'

I nodded. 'I didn't know, I would have gone to her immediately.'

'It's fine, I'm sure she will be okay.'

We all nodded and we walked to the car. George and I stepped in the backseat and we sat down close next to each other. My sister turned around and smiled.

'Hi, George,' she said with a big smile on her face. 'I'm Drista, I'm Clay's sister.'

George smiled. 'I'm George, but you knew that already. May I ask how you are?'

She smiled. 'I'm okay, I can explain to you what I have if you want me to?'

'If you want,' George said politely.

'I have a heart disease, we always knew it wouldn't be curable, but I would be able to live with it, but the last few weeks have gone worse and I couldn't get out of bed anymore. The doctor came and he unfortunately brought us the news that I wouldn't get old and I would never get any better than I'm now. Although, Clay doesn't know this either yet. He called me today and if I'm going to go to a personal trainer, I might be able to get a better stamina which can extend my life by ten years.'

'Wait, what,' I yelled. 'Ten years?'

She smiled and nodded. 'Since mum is just selfish and she doesn't want to bring me, dad will bring me every time. At first the trainer will come to our home and later on we are going to try to walk and so on.'

I smiled brightly and I was so happy that I hugged George tightly. George giggled and he grabbed my hand, making me squeeze it tightly.

'I'm so happy,' I whispered.

'With that,' my dad started. 'I would like you both to move in with me. Clay, I know this might be a way too big step for you, but your mum can't take care of you. Drista told me what she did to you and that's abuse. I don't want you to be there anymore, I want you to be safe and happy. I want you to have enough money to buy some food, some clothes, maybe some stuff for school. And you don't have to hide the fact you're gay for me, because I love it.'

I couldn't stop smiling anymore and George started giggling because of the big smile on my face.

'Oh, we also have three rooms in our house, so you can always invite friends or George. Although George might want to sleep in your room,' my dad grinned.

I rolled my eyes. 'You're one of those dads who is constantly bullying their son with their relationship.'

'I'm only teasing you because I'm happy you're happy. I would never bully you, I just find it funny to make some jokes.'

'Fine,' I giggled and I held George tight, kissing his cheek after.

George smiled and rubbed his hand over my leg, resting his head on my shoulder.

'And I'm one of those sisters who gets completely crazy when her brother cuddles with his boyfriend, because this is way too cute.'

George wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my chest to make my sister go completely crazy and I started giggling. 'Let me cuddle my boyfriend in peace.'

Drista turned around and looked in front of her again. 'Fine,' she said, but I could hear her smile.

When George and I were sure no one was looking, I shortly pressed my lips on his and after that I kept kissing his nose for a little while. 'I love you,' I whispered as quietly as possible.

'I love you too,' George whispered back. 'I'm happy that you're happy.'

'But are you happy?'

George shrugged. 'I have you at least. I will get better, it's just a scar that needs to heal.'

'I will do anything to make that scar heal.'

'It's fine, they will never stop. I will forever get gross looks because of what I said.'

Suddenly my dad turned around. 'What did you say?'

'It's nothing. I just get bullied a lot and someone made a fake account of Clay. I'm in love with Clay and I sent the fake account weird messages because the fake Clay flirted back with me. Those conversations have been spread throughout the whole school.'

'I will make those gross looks stop,' my dad said to George. 'I'm coming to school and I'll go to your principal to tell them what's up.'

1063 words