5

TW's:
-None

Sapnap's POV

As I saw Clay trying to debate with our teammates, I started thinking a little. Suddenly everything seemed to make sense. I always saw him staring at the same spot in every break and today he seemed to be looking for someone. I looked at the place he always looked at and noticed George wasn't sitting there today. Clay kept looking around him and I followed his eyes to see him looking at George walking past. He immediately blushed and smiled shyly.

I had to suppress a smile and a hand on his shoulder, letting him know I accepted him either way, although I didn't want to risk the fact that anyone would understand. I saw Clay's face heating up even more as someone asked him if he was gay. I wanted to jump up and just hit the boy in his face, I knew Clay probably had a lot of trouble with his sexuality and I also knew he wouldn't want people asking about it at all.

I was trying not to smile the whole time as I realised my best friend was probably gay. I was really supportive towards the LGBTQ+ community and it seemed to be that Clay liked boys. And then a certain boy, George. He was always looking at George and I just realised what that meant now.

After Clay ran off, I looked around me to see where he went. I stood up when I couldn't find him and I walked a bit around the school, seeing Clay sit next to George. I started giggling as I saw Clay's red face and as I saw him nervously scratching his skin. He was nervous and he was blushing in George's presence. Clay was in love with a boy and I was so enthusiastic. I loved the fact of my best friend liking boys, I wasn't sure why. I was just happy for him.

When the bell rang I slowly walked to him and Clay turned around. He tried hiding his red face a little and I giggled.

'It's uh- hot here,' Clay said quickly as he heard me giggle.

I smiled and nodded. 'Sure.'

'We have maths, don't we?' Clay muttered, looking at his hands.

I nodded. We started walking to our classroom and Clay and I sat down next to each other as we arrived. I looked around me and I noticed George sitting in front of Clay. Clay's eyes constantly seemed to go back to George's head and even though he tried concentrating, he kept looking at George, smiling softly.

'Clay, can you answer question five?' the teacher asked Clay suddenly.

Clay quickly looked back at his book and his face heated up. 'Uh- I- well- twenty?'

'Have you paid attention?'

'I'm sorry, I haven't. I was just zoned out, I'm really sorry. I'll try and pay attention now.'

'Okay, Clay. We are at question five, can you tell me how to solve that one?'

Clay nodded slowly and he started explaining how it had to be solved. After he was done he looked at his notebook and he grabbed his pencil. He started writing a little and I secretly looked in his notebook.

He talked to me <3

I smiled really brightly and Clay was blushing as he thought back about it again. He started drawing hearts everywhere around his notebook. In every heart he wrote the letter 'G' and he ended up with George's name, hiding his arm in front of it. He started writing down some things I couldn't read, because he was hiding it.

When he was done with drawing, he slowly ripped the page out of his book, making it a big paper ball. He looked at me and I acted like I was concentrating on class. Clay smiled and held the paper in his hand the whole time just as long as it took to have the class end.

After class he threw it in the bin, but since I wanted to make sure no one saw it, I grabbed it quickly after. Clay had his own class now and I had a free period, making me sit down on a bench in a silent place. I opened the paper Clay threw away and I started smiling even more than before.

He talked to me <3 I can't tell anyone, but I'm in love with him. I am sometimes a little ashamed about the fact I think about kissing him a lot, but I really wished to all the time. I like writing things down since I can't talk about it with anyone.

I smiled as I looked at it, it was really true. Clay liked a boy and not a little too. He was in love with this boy. Honestly I had always seen it coming, but I didn't mind. I supported him anyway and I wanted him to come out to me if he was ready. I didn't want to ask him about it and I definitely didn't want to out him.

I was still smiling a little and I leaned back against the wall. I was genuinely enthusiastic about the fact Clay liked boys and was in love with one. I would show him small signs of being supportive towards the LGBTQ+ and make him feel comfortable enough to come out to me. He didn't have to hide himself for me, he could like who he wanted to.

I looked at the paper again. It was full of hearts with George's name all around. Clay always acted tough and he always was really calm. Maybe a little too calm sometimes, it worried me often. Despite how tough he acted, I saw through how he acted often. He was really sweet, romantic and calm. Definitely now I read how he wished to kiss George just proved my point. It was so sweet to me.

I was going to show him that I supported him without telling him I knew anything. He could come out at his time and I wouldn't force him into anything.

1011 words