23

TW's:
-Mental breakdown
-Mentions medication
-Mentions (cyber) bullying

George's POV

I ran off as fast as I could as I realised what was happening. All this time I had been texting a fake account of Clay. All this time I had sent these personal texts to someone random, probably a bully. I had told the bully I was in love with Clay, I told him how I wanted to kiss Clay. I started running away faster than I thought I could and I fell down on a bench.

Within seconds tears streamed down my face and I looked around me to see if I noticed someone. In the distance I saw Darryl and Zak talking with each other and I stood up to walk away before they saw me sitting here. I sat down a little further away and I honestly felt like I sat here for hours now.

After a long while I heard someone come closer and I pulled my hood over my head, hiding all the tears streaming down my face. The person stopped in front of me and after a minute they sat down next to me. I looked up slowly and I looked in the face of Sapnap.

'Hi, George. You're not okay, what's wrong?'

I saw his bruised eye since Clay hit him, but he didn't seem to care about it that much. Sapnap wrapped his arm around my shoulders and he smiled at me.

'What's wrong?'

'I uh- it's nothing. I don't want to talk about it, I'm sorry. Everything just seems to go wrong.'

'How can I help?'

'I don't know what to do anymore. I guess you will see it in a day anyway. I'm just stupid for thinking the boy I like, likes me too. I got tricked by someone, it's my fault anyway. I want to go home, please leave me alone.'

'I don't want to let you go home if I don't know for sure you're going to be okay.'

'I'm fine.'

'You're obviously not.'

'My parents are at home.'

'Are your parents nice?'

I nodded. 'I guess I came out to them too and they accepted me. They will help me when I come home. Can I ask you something?'

Sapnap nodded.

'I was talking to Clay and his medication is really special to him. He wants me to keep it safe.'

Sapnap smiled. 'I trust you to do the right thing, he really can't have more.'

I nodded. 'I know.'

Sapnap handed me the bottle and I kept it safe in my bag. If it felt better for Clay if I had it, then I would help him like that.

Suddenly the shock came again, I had been texting someone random for hours long. Someone else than Clay knew I loved him, someone else was betraying me and it was probably the bully. Of course it was the bully, who else would do this?

'You know, Sap?'

'Yeah?'

'Do you think someone in your football team would go so far that he would tell someone's secret in front of the whole school?'

'If I'm honest, they are crazy. They want to hurt people who are gay as much as possible for some reason, but please don't think I'm like that. I'm not homophobic at all, it makes me happy to see something different than a boy and a girl together.'

'Boys are just way better.'

Sapnap giggled. 'Sure.'

I smiled at him. 'Thanks for helping me, I guess I'll go to Darryl and Zak for a while. I'll see what those two are up to.'

Sapnap nodded and smiled. 'Do you want my Discord?'

I nodded slowly. 'I only might not be online too much after what happened. But I would like to.'

Sapnap told me his name and code and I added him as a friend, walking to Darryl and Zak after. They looked up at me and I smiled shortly.

'Hey, George!' Darryl said.

'Hi, how are you two?'

Darryl smiled brightly and they nodded. 'I'm good. Zak and I have been texting a bit.' Zak didn't really reply to that and suddenly something in me got scared. I grabbed Darryl's hand and pulled them with me to a place where Zak couldn't hear us.

'I think it's better to not text him on Discord, you know. You never know who is behind the screen,' I said nervously. I expected Darryl to nod, but they looked at me madly.

'What's wrong with you? Are you jealous that Zak could like me?'

'I'm not jealous, I'm warning you. Maybe the account of Zak is fake. Has he told you in real life that he likes you?'

'No, on text. We just don't really dare to bring it up yet, but I'm going to in a minute.'

'You should be careful, what if it's not Zak who you've been texting with.'

'You're really weird, you're selfish. You're just selfish at this moment, selfish and jealous.'

'No, listen. I'm not either of those, I just want to warn you.'

'So I'm not allowed to text the boy I like suddenly?'

'I'm just saying you have to be careful.'

'Why are you this jealous? Because it's not working out between you and Clay?'

Their words stung me like knives and I looked at my hands. 'It would have worked out between us, but-.' I stopped myself there and I looked at my hands.

'You're just thinking about yourself, but I'm not going to wait for you and Clay or whatever. If he doesn't like you, that's too bad then. You don't have to be selfish and absolutely not jealous towards us. We can do what we want, I don't care about you and Clay not working out together.'

'Darryl-,' I whispered to hide my broken voice. 'I'm not jealous.'

'You are, because I'm going to get a boyfriend and with you and Clay nothing will ever happen.'

'Why are you so mean?'

'You started being so weird.'

I bit my lip to hide my tears and I turned around, walking away slowly. I got betrayed, I got bullied and even my best friend hated me now. I had nothing, I literally had no one.

1028 words