15

TW's:
-Usage too much medication
-Mentions heart disease

Clay's POV

After I had laid down in my bed for hours I stood up to walk to my sister's room. She had an appointment with the doctor today and even though I was feeling really bad, I still had to help her. Since the doctor knew of my home situation, he always came to our place. I couldn't drive a car, my mum wouldn't anyway and well it was obvious that my sister couldn't.

I knocked on my sister's door and she hummed softly, making me open the door. I smiled at her and I grabbed her hand. 'Come, Drista. Do you think you'll be able to move downstairs?'

She shook her head. 'I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well.'

I nodded understanding and I laid down next to her in bed. I was very calm again, because I had taken three pills again. I didn't throw it up this time luckily, although the stomachaches were really bad. I hugged Drista against my body and I grabbed her hand. 'What are you feeling?'

'Really short of breath, I think I'm dying.'

I pulled her closer and rubbed her back. 'Calm down, okay? You've gone through this a lot and you have never died,' I smiled after kissing her cheek.

'Do you want to tell me about George? It makes me happy to see you happy.'

I smiled and I blushed a little. 'He was very nice to me today, but I think he's just nice in general. I'm just falling harder for him each day.'

Drista smiled. 'It's so cute to see my brother be this in love.'

'Would it be different if I was in love with a girl?'

'I would find you boring,' Drista giggled. 'I'm just kidding, but it's cute that you're in love with a boy.'

'He's really handsome, Drista.'

'I believe you.'

'Isn't it weird for you to talk about me being in love with a boy?'

'Why would it?'

'I mean, I gave you weird details.'

'Clay, listen to me. I'm not crazy and I know you're having a really hard time. You're constantly hiding the fact you're gay and you like boys a lot. I bet you're finally happy to be talking about the fact you're in love with a boy.'

I nodded slowly. 'I really am, I just wish to tell you all my thoughts, but you would only be weirded out by me.'

'Just tell me whatever. I won't tell anyone, I'll be here to listen and let you vent.'

'I have cried about him a few times. He is so handsome and I would love to hold him in my arms and I would love to kiss him, but I feel like it will never really happen.'

'You don't know that. You have to take your chance though. If you never take a chance you will also never get a chance.'

I smiled and nodded slowly. 'I firstly have to come out to some more people.'

'Who do you want to come out to first?'

'Sapnap, I think. I would dare to come out to him first. He already suspects it anyway.'

'How does he know?'

'I was uh- drawing George's name with hearts around it and he saw. I lied that I was making it for a friend of yours.'

Drista rolled her eyes. 'You're such an idiot.'

'George is too cute to not think about.'

Drista giggled and I heard the doorbell ring. I let go of her and I sped downstairs to open the door for the doctor. He greeted me and he walked in.

'Hi, Clay! How have you been?'

'I'm fine,' I lied. 'Drista is upstairs, she was not feeling well and I couldn't get her to move downstairs.'

'That's fine! I can walk the stairs, don't worry. Can I maybe have some water? I went here on my bike, because I felt healthy today.'

I giggled and I nodded slowly. The doctor already went upstairs and I filled up a glass with water, walking upstairs to my sister's room. I startled as the doctor wasn't in here and I put down the glass with water, running to my room. The doctor stood in my room at my desk and he smiled. 'I got lost, I've never been upstairs.'

I nodded slowly and smiled. 'It's the second there,' I said.

The doctor nodded and he walked to Drista's room. I looked at my desk to see if I had left anything there and I felt my face heating up completely. My notebook was opened on a page where I drew George's name with heart. I had also written some texts.

I'm so in love with George, he is so cute.

I felt my face heating up even more as I realised that the doctor had seen it and I quickly threw the notebook in my bag, walking to Drista's room awkwardly. I tried acting normal, but I was really uncomfortable after I knew the doctor knew I was gay and in love with some George guy.

'How uh- is Drista?' I asked to break the silence which felt awkward to me.

The doctor seemed to ignore me and he kept doing some tests on Drista. I sat down on the ground next to her bed, awkwardly staring at my hands. I was kind of mad at the doctor for looking through my private stuff, if there was someone I didn't want to know I was gay, then it was this random doctor.

He looked up at me after a long while and smiled shortly, although he didn't smile because he was happy, more out of pity.

'I don't have very good news,' he said. 'Would you like to get your mother?'

'She won't come anyway, just tell me please.'

'Drista isn't doing so well. Her heart seems to be pumping really slowly and her disease is getting worse. I'm really sorry to say this but-,' he paused a little. 'Drista will never get better and she will probably not even live to be older than thirty years old. If not younger.'

I stared at him in complete shock and I bursted into tears within seconds. I got so sad and mad at the same time that I ran to my room, locking myself in there. Drista was everything I had, she meant the world to me.

1061 words