18

TW's:
-(Emotional) abuse
-Throwing up
-Ambulance
-Overdose

Clay's POV

I felt my eyes rolling away constantly while my mum was screaming at me to clean the ground since I threw up on it. Instead of cleaning it I had to throw up another time, but my mum still didn't feel like standing up.

'CLEAN IT NOW.'

'D-d-dying, h-help.'

I was really short of breath and I heard my breathing getting higher and heavier. I had no breath, I was going to die and my mum didn't help me. I held my hands against my stomach because of the extreme pain I was feeling and I started crying softly, laying down on the ground.

'H-help,' I whispered.

'Go clean up yourself right now and I'll consider it.'

'I-I c-can't.'

'Now you finally know how it feels to not be able to do something.'

I didn't know what to do anymore and I cried softly as my stomach started hurting more and more. My eyes kept rolling away and I was fighting to not pass out.

'Can you please either leave or clean that shit up? Whatever you're doing, you're cleaning that up.'

'I-I'm d-d-dying, I t-took o-overdose.'

And then suddenly the door got pushed further open and my sister struggled to walk in. She had her phone against her ear and she kneeled down next to me, completely out of breath. She lifted me up as she was speaking to someone, who I thought would be the ambulance.

Drista sat down on the ground and hugged me tightly against her body, comforting me.

'How many pills did you take, Clay?'

'F-fifteen, but I-I had twenty-seven today.'

'Okay, we are going to try and stay calm, yes? The ambulance is on its way and we are going to stay as calm as possible until they are here.'

I nodded slowly and Drista closed the door to my mum's room as we sat down in the hallway outside of her room.

'Mum has treated you really badly, but I'm here for you. I'm sorry that it took me so long, but I was trying to stand up and I think it made me pass out. I'm here now, I hope you aren't mad at me.'

I couldn't speak anymore and I pointed at my stomach.

'Do you have pain, Clay?'

I nodded heavily. My sister started rubbing my stomach really softly to make the pain a little less and she kissed my cheek.

'Did you purposely try to overdose, Clay? Did you want to attempt suicide?'

I shook my head. 'I-I-I w-wanted t-to b-b-be c-calm.'

'Okay, you don't have to explain anything to me. I'm glad you didn't try to commit suicide, but twenty seven pills in one day is way too much, Clay.'

I nodded slowly as I cried softly in her arms and she hugged me tightly.

'I will clean the floor in mum's room, okay? You don't have to worry about any of that.'

I shook my head, but she nodded. 'I will Clay. Everything is too much for you, you're taking twenty seven pills in one day to calm down. You're absolutely not okay.'

I sniffed loudly and hid my face in her hoodie. 'P-pain.'

'I know you have a lot of pain, the ambulance is going to help you and I'm here to calm you down.'

I nodded. 'I-if I-I d-die, t-tell G-George I-I l-love h-him.'

'You aren't going to die, Clay.'

'B-but i-if.'

'I will tell George that you love him.'

I nodded and I pushed my sister down a little so I could lay down on the ground, she kept rubbing my stomach and after a little the doorbell rang.

'I'll try and open the door as fast as possible, Clay.'

She crawled up and basically let herself slide down the stairs because she was way too weak to walk. It took her two minutes to open the door and people started running upstairs. One man kneeled down next to me.

'Can you look at me?'

I looked at him shortly, but my eyes rolled away again.

'Try to keep looking at me. It's going to be alright, okay?'

I nodded really slowly and I got carried downstairs after being laid down on a stretcher. My sister smiled at me shortly before I got lifted into the ambulance and before I knew the ambulance sped away. I was still fighting to not pass out, but it got harder and harder. The stomach aches got worse and worse and after five more minutes I couldn't handle it anymore. My eyes rolled away and I passed out for real this time.

I woke up hours later, at least it felt like hours. I slowly looked around me as a bright light was shining in my face and I saw a face I recognised. Sapnap was sitting next to me and I smiled shortly. He grabbed my hand as soon as he saw I woke up and smiled.

'I'm so glad you're awake. They pumped your stomach, what made you take an overdose? I love you, Clay. I don't want to lose you,' Sapnap whispered.

I was too tired and sad to talk and I pulled Sapnap closer to get a hug. He hugged me shortly and sat back down. He looked at me and I smiled shortly, looking back at my hands after.

I noticed Sapnap had tears in his eyes and soon I started crying softly too. My mum didn't even come to the hospital for me, she would have just let me die. Instead of her, my best friend was here now. I was glad there was at least someone with me, but I wished my mum was here.

I understood that my sister couldn't come and I fully accepted that, but I had honestly thought better of my mum.

'Why?' Sapnap whispered again with a tear rolling down his face.

'Life is a hell, Sap. It genuinely is and I hate it.'

1022 words