28

TW's:
-Bullying (homophobia+F-slur)
-Missing person

Clay's POV

I looked around me full of disgust, all those people and no one helped George. Even his best friend didn't, something that broke my heart. At this point I didn't even care anymore about everyone knowing I was gay, but even though I was trying so hard to just spit out the words, I just didn't manage to say them.

I turned around and I looked at George crying. He was curled up in a ball shape and I saw him breaking inside.

'Please, stop,' I begged the boy in front of me who still kept going, telling everyone what George said to the fake account of me.

I heard George crawl up slowly and he walked really slowly towards Darryl. 'I thought you were my friend,' he whispered. 'I really thought you were. I would have stuck up for you when you got humiliated in front of the whole school. I would have stuck up for you when someone had been bullying you this badly. I would have stuck up for you when someone would swear at you.'

'I-,' Darryl started.

'I wasn't jealous that you and Zak have something going on,' George whispered so only Darryl and I could hear it. 'I wanted to protect you, because I had been betrayed, bullied, humiliated and I had been broken. I didn't want you to get broken too, I wanted to make sure you were really texting the right person. I wish I was jealous or selfish, then this wouldn't have been a thing. Then I wouldn't have been made fun of in such a hurtful way in front of the whole school.'

My heart broke as I saw George fighting against his tears.

'I wasn't jealous,' he whispered. 'I was happy for you,' he said as his voice cracked. 'Even though I can't be happy myself anymore, I'm broken. I'm completely ripped apart. And Darryl, I will fulfil their wishes. Goodbye.'

He turned back to me and smiled shortly. 'I never dared saying it in real life, but when I did it appeared that you didn't even feel the same way. It doesn't matter anymore, Clay. All I want to say-.' He paused a little after staring at his hands. 'I love you.'

I felt my cheeks heating up and I wanted to grab his waist and just kiss him in front of everyone, but I would only make everything worse. 'Don't go,' I whispered.

George smiled. 'Bye,' was the last thing he said before running off.

Immediately the bully pushed me and he looked at me, moving his head closer. 'You're next,' he whispered as he walked off after.

The crowd slowly started walking off too and I started angrily ripping all pictures of the conversations off the walls. I felt like the biggest arsehole in the world, I could have just not cared about anyone and showed George I cared and loved him, but I just didn't dare to.

I kept ripping the pictures off the wall and I felt a hand on my shoulder ten minutes later. I turned around and I looked at Sapnap.

'Just leave me alone, please.'

'What are those pictures? Have you talked with George?'

'I wish I did.'

'What?'

'They tricked George,' I whispered, staring at my hands.

'Is that a fake account?'

I nodded.

'Oh gosh, no. That's so incredibly mean, where is George?'

'He ran off.'

'To where?'

'I don't know, I'm sorry.'

'Clay, please. I'm sorry for yesterday, I really am. I actually didn't mean to talk too loudly and I wasn't aware of the fact that everyone was listening with us. I understand that you're mad and you can be mad, but please forgive me.'

I smiled. 'I forgive you, but please help me get these picture off the wall and look for George.'

Sapnap nodded and started taking off all pictures, causing us to be done in just ten minutes. We got our coats and we ran outside to look for any signs of George, but I knew the chances we would find him were low.

After a short while I suddenly felt my phone constantly making sounds and I grabbed it, feeling my face turn pale. Texts with threats, swear words, slurs and pictures of me with awful texts were included.

Unknown
we know ur a faggot too clay, george got bullied for days long, he got sent those texts all day, hundreds a day at least. george is broken, probably committing suicide at this moment, ur next :)

'Sap,' I whispered.

Sapnap looked up and I gave him my phone. He started scrolling through it and his eyes widened. 'We need to find George now.'

'He said he loved me,' I whispered.

'Yeah, it is pretty obvious that he is in love with you.'

'Obvious?'

'Well yeah, but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to give you hope for if he might have not liked you. I know you are really in love with him and I knew that for weeks already. I wasn't going to force you to come out.'

I smiled shortly. 'If we find him, I will confess to him. I wanted to confess earlier today, but that stupid bully came in.'

'What were you planning?'

'I just wanted to be alone with him for a little,' I giggled.

'Oh, yes. Alone,' Sapnap smirked.

'Shut up, I wasn't planning anything big.'

'Just making out in the bathroom stall.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Look for him instead of bullying me.'

'Just two dudes in the school's bathroom stall, making out. I hope you would have locked the door for your make out session.'

'Shut up,' I said with dark red cheeks. 'We have to look for him or I'll never be able to make out with him.'

Sapnap giggled. 'Idiot.'

I rolled my eyes and we started walking further quickly. I had to find George and as soon as I did, I would ask him to be my boyfriend. Finally after all these years I would ask him to be my boyfriend, although I had to find him first.

1019 words