Diamonds

I knew right then and there I really did have nothing to worry about.
~•~•~•~•~

We were back home now and summer was only a week away, we were so close to being free. I had been in such a bubble for the past few months that I lost track of reality.

I was spending more time with my parents and even had quite a serious conversation with my mother. And it seemed just like any other conversation we have, I felt extremely guilty inside.

"Hey honey is it ok if we talk for a minute." My mom called for me as I was helping her prepare the food for the gathering, she looked serious which made me a bit nervous.

"Sure what about?" I replied not taking my eyes off what I was doing.

"You know the reason why your father and I split up was because I was seeing other people." She began.

Other people? So it wasn't only Keith?

"Yeah." I waited for her to continue.

"I thought me and Keith had something going on but recently... he's been kind of distant." She said sounding upset at the fact. I said nothing to see if she would elaborate on what she meant exactly.

"It's not the same, we barely talk or see each other, we barely have time for each other if I'm not busy he is." She sighed and I stayed silent not knowing what to say.

"What did I expect, he's a musician... he's probably seeing a different woman every night, what if he never had feelings for me and was using me this whole time." She went on shaking her head.

"But for what it's not like we ever even slept together." Her brows knitted trying to think of a reason.

"The more I think about it the more questions I have about it all, I think it's best if I moved on and start dating around again." I've never felt like such a bad person in my life before but I had to say something.

"I think it's best to be available, don't spend your time overthinking it." I genuinely wanted to give her advice so she could move on and forget all about Keith. I did love my mother so I was going to talk to Keith about what he's going to do instead of leading her on.

"You're right." She nodded and finally changed the subject.

I even got to meet Keith's son, Marlon at the gathering mom had invited them. I knew he had a son from his previous relationship from the media but whenever we were together it never came to mind.

"I hope it doesn't change the way you feel about me." Keith asked with a worried expression.

"Of course not Keith, why would it?" I caressed his slightly rough, unshaven cheek.

"I love children." I looked over at Marlon who was busy playing with a stuffed giraffe he had found in my room.

"You do." Keith's eyes seemed to light up at my words.

"Yeah I've always wanted to start a family of my own." I said truthfully.

"Well then maybe one day you and I can start a beautiful family of our own darling." His eyes sparkled as he looked into mine with a toothy grin.

"I'd love that." My heart raced at the thought of me and Keith starting a family together. But I was still way too young to be thinking about starting a family. I wanted to travel and there still so much I wanted to do.

"Keith I wanted to talk to you about my mom." I brought the topic up causing his brows to knit slightly.

"What about her, she's not suspicious or suspecting anything is she?" He asked, panic slowly spread across his face.