Only you

Without another word I walked away heading for my room.
~•~•~•~•~

"Hello." His comforting voice made its way into my ears as soon as he picked up.

"Hi dad." I answered, happy to finally have time to talk to him again.

"Hey how's my flower doing?" He asked in a cheery manner.

"I'm doing great, how are you doing?" I asked wanting to catch up on anything I missed.

"I'm doing great honey how is your mother and the boys?"

"They're great I just wanted to check in, it's been awhile." I replied.

"Yeah, remember you're always welcome to come over whenever you want." He said.

"Yeah well I might actually take that offer and stay at your place for awhile, mom's giving me a hard time." I played with the hem of my skirt waiting for his response.

"Oh really, what about?" He asked.

"She seems to think I'm spending too much time going out with T-bone and Kelso." I responded.

"Really...?" There was a slight pause.

"Since when does she think after all these years now is the time to bring that up?" His chuckle spread a smile across my face.

"I don't know but I told her she couldn't stop me from seeing them it's practically impossible." I laughed.

"Sure is no matter what I did I couldn't seem to get those two out of the house." He added.

"But if you're serious about staying over I have a room just for you here and I'll pick you up if you need." He assured.

"Thanks dad I'll let you know." I could hear his doorbell ring in the distance knowing our conversation was about to come to an end.

"Sorry flower I have someone coming over so I have to go." He said, disappointment seeped through knowing our call was already over.

"Alright bye dad I love you." I sighed.

"Bye flower I love you." Then he hung up leaving me on my bed with nothing to do. Until there was a knock on my door, it cracked open and Keith poked his head in.

"Can we talk." He let himself in and closed the door behind him. I didn't protest because I told him we would.

"Go ahead." I looked down at my hands that laid on my lap as he sat down on the bed.

"I'm really sorry about last night kitten." He sighed loudly.

"I can't see why you can't trust me to be around other men." It was my turn to sigh frustratedly.

"I do, it's them I don't trust what happens the next time I'm not there to beat some bastard off you?" He asked brining the other night up keeping me silent.

"That won't happen again." I replied sitting up.

"I sure hope it doesn't but what happens when it does?" He asked looking for a genuine answer I couldn't give him.

"What were you thinking?" I exclaimed changing the topic.

"I wasn't thinking, just the thought of another guy touching you makes me mad I didn't know what to do." He breathed out defeatedly.

"Keith if this is going to work, all I'm asking of you is to trust me." I replied softly.

"I do but I can't trust them it hurts to even think about it but what do you think would've happened if I hadn't gotten to you at the bar on time the other night?" He asked making my heart sink not wanting to think about it.