She Listens Like Spring and She Talks Like June

It's been two weeks since the trials. What's everyone up to? Good things are happening for Choni and we learn a little about Josie.

Sorry this is three days late, but I hope I made up for it. Life has been quite busy. This chapter is just around 7,200 words.

**TW for mentions of suicide attempt/self harm and rape**

---

It had been two weeks since Penelope's trial. Two weeks since Nick went to Prison, and two weeks since Clifford Blossom was shot and killed by his own son with a bullet to the head. While not a lot had changed, everything had changed. Cheryl was a free woman and could live her life however she wanted to, loving whoever she wanted to, and Toni was hopelessly in love with a gorgeous, tall redheaded woman who took her breath away.

The Riverdale Police, as well as the Chicago and New York City Special Victims Unit teams had searched Thornhill, peace by peace for everything they could find on the arrangement Clifford had with Nick St. Clair, as well as evidence on Penelope. Thankfully, nothing was tied back to Jason for the illegal doings of his father with their maple company, which was being used as a front for drug trafficking.

Sheriff FP Jones worked with Toni to make sure that Jason wasn't arrested for his fathers murder, but in return, Jason had to check himself into a psychiatric hospital, where he would stay until the doctors found him fit to leave and to be able to care for his children. The hospital wasn't exactly aware of what he did. FP had told them some made up story about finding Jason roaming around the Southside, not having a clue who he was or where he was.

Josie McCoy was still in the town of Riverdale, visiting her best friend Cheryl. She had spent her first few days in the small town with Jason and his kids as she got to know them. Turns out she loved those rugrats and they seemed to both really like her, especially considering she was the best friend of their Aunt Cheryl.

After the reunion of Rose and Thomas, Nana had packed her things from Toni's and was staying in Sunnyside Trailer Park with Thomas Topaz. She had decided that she had been 'doing what she was supposed to do' for too many decades and needed to spend her last remaining years -however many there may be- with her one and only true love. Nana Rose had also decided that she no longer wanted anything to do with the maple business and left all of her share to her granddaughter, Cheryl. This also meant that Thornhill now belonged to Cheryl, as well.

Jason's twins were currently staying a few days with Betty and Sweet Pea, who had decided to get their own place together. Sweet Pea had been staying on friends' couches and occasionally with Betty at her mom and FP's house before he was staying at Jason's for the Serpent Mission. Cheryl and Jason both had told him he could continue living there while Jason was in the hospital, but he declined, as he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend.

With Nana Rose being out of Toni's apartment, Josie had now been crashing on her couch, even though Thistlehouse was also offered to her. Cheryl thought about going to live there herself, but couldn't bear the thought of not being around the Serpent Queen.

It took Toni another week to finally decide what to do with her sister, Penny. She came to the conclusion that it would be best for everyone if Penny went to prison. She was getting five years for possession and attempt to sell a large amount of Jingle Jangle. In the next five years, Toni was going to work on getting the Ghoulies to either join the Serpents, or to at least be friendly with them.

Chery felt like her life was doing a complete turnaround. Just a few months ago she was absolutely miserable in Chicago. She was engaged to a worthless, horrible, abusive man who she never truly loved or wanted to be with. A man who never truly loved her. But now she had Toni, who was sweet, beautiful and kind. Someone she loved with her heart and soul.