6: The Whyte Wyrm

"I think I'll just stay here, if that's alright." Cheryl responded. "Suit yourself, Red. I'll have a Serpent posted at the back entrance. If you need anything you know where to find me. Oh! And please don't burn the place down." Toni said as she headed out the door.

----------

This is chapter is ALL Choni. It's Cheryl's first day back in Riverdale and her first night with Toni.

Continues right where the previous chapter left off

It was 6pm. Cheryl wasn't feeling hungry, since they stopped for food on the way to Riverdale. She decided she'd unpack her bag and find something to watch on TV. After watching two episodes of Pawn Stars, she decided she should probably shower. "I probably smell like a hospital." She said out loud, sighing. She went into the bathroom and tried to undress, but with her sore ribs and arms, she just couldn't. "Fuck. What am I supposed to do, now?" After another 15 minutes debating on what she should do, she finally decided to venture downstairs.

She wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't a stripper pole in the middle of a stage. She scanned the room, looking for a redhead, a girl with pink hair, or a really tall guy. Her eyes landed on Sweat Pea and she headed over to him.

"Hey!" She yelled over the loud music. "Where's Toni and Jason?" Insteading of responding, he pointed her towards the bar, where Toni was working. She owns the place AND works behind the bar. That's...kinda hot. No, Cheryl! Don't think those thoughts. She nodded to Sweet Pea as a thank you and headed towards the bar.

Cheryl sat at a bar stool while Toni was turned the other way, mixing a drink for someone. She turned around, surprised to see Cheryl.

Toni gave the drink to the customer before walking back over to Cheryl. "Hey, princess. Anything I can get you to drink?"

Cheryl thought for a moment before saying, "Surprise me." with a smile. Toni went to mix her drink and returned rather quickly. "Here ya go. Cherry Coke with cherry UV. Don't want you to get too hammered on your first night here. I'm guessing you got bored upstairs, by yourself?" Toni asked.

Cheryl nodded as she drank her mixed drink. "Whoa, whoa! Slow down!" Toni laughed. "Tomorrow afternoon before the bar opens we're going to have a Serpent meeting to get Jason's initiation out of the way. He's basically a Serpent, but the older members will throw a hissy fit if we don't do it." Cheryl nodded, enjoying her drink.

Toni and Cheryl continued small talk, while Toni worked. Both of them catching small glances from the other. There was something about Toni that Cheryl found intoxicating...even before the mixed drinks.

Another thirty minutes went by before Jason came out of Toni's office with another Serpent and walked over to Cheryl. "Hey, Cher. What do you think of the place? Who would have thought we'd ever be in a bar on the Southside with Serpents?" Jason laughed, obviously tipsy.

"Well, I'm not sure about the stripper pole over there, but the company is nice." Cheryl said, glancing at Toni, not thinking she was heard.

"Is this one of Toni's chums?" Cheryl asked pointing to the mystery Serpent with Jason.

"Hi, I'm Fangs. Nice to meet ya, Red." Fangs said, shaking Cheryl's hand.

"Well, I'm gonna head out Cheryl. Fangs and someone named Jughead are taking me home and staying at the house with me. On Sunday I'll take you over to see the kids, yeah?" Jason said, hugging Cheryl goodbye.

Once Cheryl finished her second drink, Toni called over another woman, who was also a Serpent. They spoke quickly before Toni came around the bar and up to Cheryl. "I'm off for the night, you wanna go back upstairs? I can keep you company."