"Voices"

__________

__________

Silence took over the whole room as Mr. Gilbert gazed at Jungkook with concern, but on the other hand he was now determined to release him. Laws favour those who aren't mentally stable, and if he proves to the court that all those murders which were committed by Jungkook were the result of his mental illness, then there might be a chance that he can win this case. For that, he needs to know about everything from the start, from his childhood till now.

Taking a deep breath, Mr. Gilbert smiled and asked in a soft voice. Since Jungkook was Jimin's best friend, he treated him like his own nephew. "Jungkook, there is no need to feel hopeless. I promise that I will get you out of here" Jungkook slowly looked at him with a bit of hope in his eyes, he felt relieved. "Tell me something about yourself" Mr. Gilbert changed the topic and asked while leaning his back onto the chair.

Jungkook: "What do you want to know?" Jungkook muttered under his breath in a soft voice. Smiling at his words, the middle aged man asked. "How about your family?" Pursing his lips into a thin line, Jungkook exhaled deeply before speaking. "I lost my mother when I was 10 in a car accident" Those were the first words which escaped from his mouth, which was quite un-expecting for Mr. Gilbert as he expected him to say something about his background.

Mr. Gilbert: "I'm sorry to hear that, that's a terrible loss-"

Jungkook: "No don't be. She is still with me, I sometimes talk to her, she is the reason that I'm still sane and after her it's Yn" A sinister smile crept upon his lips as he tilted his head and chuckled softly. He himself didn't know why he shared such information about him, but somewhere in his soul, he trusted this man in front of him, since he was his only hope to get out of this prison. Only two people were there whom he loves dearly, his mother and his Yn.

The lawyer froze it at his spot, a wave of fear rushed through his body upon hearing his words. But to keep the situation under control, he again smiled and tilted his head. "Since when you are talking to your mother? " Jungkook's eyes locked with his for a brief moment, he licked the corner of his lips before letting out a sigh. A shuddered sigh since he was now feeling uncomfortable while talking about his dead mother. Those horrific memories started to flash in front of his eyes, but in spite of being in such a situation, he answered in a low tone.

Jungkook: "After 2-3 days of her death" Mr. Gilbert nodded in response, not interrogating further as the look on Jungkook's face didn't go unnoticed by him. He must be really close to her dead mother.

"What about your father?" Jungkook's expressions changed and now he gazed at him with blank eyes.

Jungkook: "He never understood me, my feelings... my loss. But nonetheless, I loved him very much" There was sadness and hurt which engulfed his voice. Now the lawyer was damn sure that something traumatic happened in his childhood which affected his mental health deeply, and when Yn came into his life he felt and uncontrollable attraction which turned into obsession, he was desperate and such desperation forced him to commit the sins which he never intended to.