Chapter thirty-four~ Owen

Start from the beginning

Try saying that five times fast.

"Where do you even find these places? First the secret beach hideaway and now this place." She asked me.

I wasn't proud to admit it but I had taken her to me and Hollis' place.  It felt good in the moment but now I just felt guilty. But who was I to feel guilty? It was my place from the begining, I was the one who showed Hollis. My place. Not hers.

 I wouldn't doubt it if Hollis knew but what did she care. She had Luke now. She left me to figure shit out while she was thriving and well.

"In the eighth grade, before I was super popular, my bestfriend Beck was spending a summer in Europe." I began telling her, "I was super lonely and had no friends so I explored Orange county.""

That's so sad yet funny at the same time." She laugh, "I'm going to hell for laughing."

"My fourteen years old pain is at your humoral service."

She laughed even harder, "Do you even know what humoral means?" 

"Oh God." I started.

"Humoral; relating to body fluids." She started saying as if she was quoting the dictionary.

I bursted out into laughter.

"I really don't know my grammar." I confessed.

"I can tell!" She laughed, "How do you even get into Waylon on scholarship?" 

I flexed my arms and showed off my muscles, something that after the fact, I realized looked stupid.

"Football, baby."

My phone buzzed and I looked down at it quickly.

I was surprised to see it was from Liam.

Dude can we talk? I'm at Calvins rn

"Anything important?" She asked.

"Nah, nothing important at all."

.....

 "You know, this is quite a dangerous looking trail." She brought up.

"That's why nobody comes up here. Not really the hiking type of place." I admitted.

"Why did you bring me up here then, Mr. Serial killer?" She asked.

I shrugged it off, "I'd say it's for my serial killer business bit I think you already know." I admitted.

She laughed, "Do you wanna go and down from here?" 

"No." I said looking at her.

She smiled, "Good cuz neither do I."

"What do you wanna do?" I asked.

I think I knew the answer, though.

"You know what I wanna do." She confessed.

I instinctively looked around us. Nobody in sight.

"You down?" She asked with the same seductive smirk she always wore.

"You already know I am."