The Honorable Ones (pt.2)

Sabine sprinted down the hall in search of her friends. Hera hand sent her to go get the two female Jedi Padawans, seeing Kanan and Ezra were busy blocking enemy fire and Zeb was doing his own thing.

Her heart dropped when she set eyes on a motionless body with purple armor. Two deactivated lightsabers rolled out of her hands. The Mandalorian rushed over to the girl and shook her shoulder. The Mandalorian paid no attention to the mass of ice chunks lying in the dark hall.

"Rae? Rae? What happened? Are you okay?"

Rae shook awake. Drowsily, she looked to the Mandalorian as she lied on her side. "S- Sabine?"

"Where's Athena?" Sabine questioned. "Is she okay?"

Rae paused, her heart dropping to her stomach as she remembered back to her friend's sacrifice. She slowly looked around as she sat up, regaining awareness of her surroundings. The door was open again. The shards of ice still on the ground around her, but the cold was gone. The cold was far gone.

"Vader..."

"Vader?" Sabine questioned. "The Sith Lord?"

Rae let out a shaky breath as she picked up her lightsabers. "They took her. They got her."

The Mandalorian swore. She soon wrapped Rae's arm around her shoulders and stood the girl up. "We have to go. We have to go."

It was so disorienting.

To go back to the Ghost as it fought off AT-DPs, Athena not with them.

To go to their battle stations, a crew member missing.

The ground swayed beneath Rae's feet when she got into the cockpit - taking the co-pilot seat as Hera flew out of the construction module. The TIEs exploding and the AT-DPs dropping did not faze her as it should have. It was all so numb, but it hurt so much.

Ezra took the seat behind hers and Hera commented: "What a day we're having."

Rae could barely hear Ezra when he shouted, "Zeb made it out! Zeb, you copy? Zeb!"

"He must've lost his comlink. He's heading for Geonosis. We'll be able to find him," Rex assured.

"TIEs incoming!" Hera warned.

It was all a blur to the Padawan in purple.

After the fire-fight, the Ghost hid itself away in orbit of Geonosis. Ezra looked to Chopper.

"Hey, Chop, you track Zeb's trajectory?"

The droid sarcastically beeped.

"Yes, we want him back! Don't be a sleemo," Ezra hit the droid's top. "Find him."

Hera turned back to Rae, "Where's Athena? I thought she came back with you and Sabine?"

Hera froze as she saw the tears well up in Rae's eyes. Ezra saw this too and was wide-eyed.

"She...the Empire has her," Rae spoke softly.

"The Empire?" Ezra raised his eyebrows and looked to Hera. "Then we have to go back! We-"

"It was Vader," a single tear fell from Rae's eye. "We're not getting her back. We're never getting her back."

The ship fell silent.

No one made a sound.

Zeb was lost somewhere in the Geonosis system with no com. Athena was captured by a Sith Lord.

They came with nine rebels and were leaving with seven.

It was a couple of minutes before anyone spoke again on the ship.